HTC Incredible No Skype?

ConectUS

Reaction score
I just got my Incredible and I expected to have the Skype app on it. It was not there and when I went to Skype for a download it said it is not available for my phone yet. Ouch, I use Skype a lot. Any suggestions or news on when to expect it??

korp

Reaction score
Go to the Market search skype.... it's in there. For Android phone's and these days pretty much all smart phones you download apps through the app market that each platform has.

OP
C

ConectUS

Reaction score
OK, thanks. I am just 2 days into the learning curve from years with a BlackBerry. I will checkout the Market and see if that works. I will post results here. Cheers!

OP
C

ConectUS

Reaction score
I found the Skype app in Market and did the download. I am working in a WiFi environment and prefer to use that for Skype calls. The app says that Skype Mobile does not work with WiFi. My choice is to shut off the WiFi and use the Verizon network. Is this normal?? Thanks

xandor

Reaction score
Yes...verizon arranged it so skype will only work on their network and not wifi.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Skaggz

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes, the official Skype app doesn't make calls over wifi. Bad decision, I know.

There are some other, third party, apps that might work for you. When I first got my Droid, I used one called Nimbuz with mediocre results. Maybe they've refined of by now, I don't know. Just search for Skype on the market and see what you can find.

OP
C

ConectUS

Reaction score
OK, thanks. That sucks. My buddy is going to Europe tomorrow and he also got a new Incredible. The plan was to talk Skype to Skype on WiFi. Since it is not an International phone he may as well leave it home! I'll check out your suggestions and post back.

Dennis