HTC Incredible keyboard.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I am not thrilled with the keyboard program on the HTC. I prefered the spelling and grammar check on the Droid. Are there any better keyboards that can be installed on the HTC?

Reaction score
Pacific Northwet -- all rain, all the time
I am not thrilled with the keyboard program on the HTC. I prefered the spelling and grammar check on the Droid. Are there any better keyboards that can be installed on the HTC?

Well... you (inadvertently) named one of the best ones out there... the app is called Better Keyboard. spelling/prediction/skins - good stuff.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score

Well... you (inadvertently) named one of the best ones out there... the app is called Better Keyboard. spelling/prediction/skins - good stuff.

LOL, I'll give it a try!

IncredibleUser

Reaction score
My preferred keyboard is the ShapeWriter keyboard. It took me a while to get used to swipping instead of typing but once I learned it, I was MUCH faster than typing.

Give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
My preferred keyboard is the ShapeWriter keyboard. It took me a while to get used to swipping instead of typing but once I learned it, I was MUCH faster than typing.

Give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

Thanks. I installed better keyboard and I find it more accurate then the stock one. I will stick with this for now but might try a swipping style in the future.

R24D24

Reaction score
Have you tried calibrating the keyboard in settings? Made a world of difference for me. I don't know if this feature was on iphone or droid and I never saw it, but it makes a huge difference for me.

buckfill

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if voice to text with Better KB is better/worse than the stock. I swear I read somewhere that the voice to text sux with Better. I use it religiously and really like the accuracy of stock. i'd hate to give that up.

Thanks.

Lynx

Reaction score
I have tried pretty much every keyboard for Android and IMO they rank like this:

Swype > HTC Stock Keyboard > Better Keyboard > Stock Android Keyboard

BzB

Reaction score
i used better keyboard on my droid, but use the stock keyboard on the incredible. better keyboard is no where near as good as the HTC keyboard in layout, predictive text, or spell checking...imo.

worth giving it a shot if for some strange reason you find the HTC keyboard isn't good enough. let us know how it works out.

matt30

Reaction score
I have tried pretty much every keyboard for Android and IMO they rank like this:

Swype > HTC Stock Keyboard > Better Keyboard > Stock Android Keyboard

I agree with this. I'd also put shapewriter behind the stock HTC keyboard.

clear33765

Reaction score
Is there any way to tone down the text prediction? I don't want to turn it off. Just tone it down. It is way too rigid and strict. It forces me to change words and I'm not sure how to tell it to let me keep the text I typed.

It's even worse for website addresses. If I try to type www.someurl.com/page5.htm, it forces me to www.someurl.com instead of going to the page I want.

I've played around with the settings I can find but can't find a happy medium.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Swype. The Android beta is currently running, and it shouldn't be too long before the finished app is out.

schoon

Reaction score
I'll chime in on Swype, as I have been using it for about a week and will gladly pay for this app when it goes off beta and he starts charging for it. it's not perfect but it's lightyears ahead of tapping individual keys for me.