moto droid or incredible

dunamis

Reaction score
I think I need a 12-step program too. Only got my Droid in Feb (1st smart phone) and have seriously been thinking I might shell out the big bucks for the
Incredible, even though I'm just at the start of my 2 year contract. Practically thinking, this makes no sense. I know!! I just want it. Love the sense UI and hardly ever use my keyboard now on the heavier/thicker Droid (which I love).
Someone, talk me down!

I was the same. Had the Droid only for couple of months. But luckily I had an upgrade available in my other line and having played and used the Incredible couple of days.....I know I made the right choice. I can't say enough about this phone. Hands down the best I've ever owned. I didn't like the bulkiness, didn't mind the weight but now having the Incredible in my hands and the
Droid in the other? Well I like the slim, light and feel of Incredible way
more.

Uh, oh, you're an enabler!! :icon_ banana:
So you'd say that the weight difference is significant? How about tethering, have you played with that "mobile broadband" option yet under the "wireless
and network" menu? Does it actually work and work easily?

I answered your question at another post....there is an option to tether via USB. However you have download vzw access mngr and currently there is no Incredible drive that I saw unless you could download another driver that is similar and work. But I read on one of the little brochures in the package when I received the phone that there is a fee.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I answered your question at another post....there is an option to tether via USB. However you have download vzw access mngr and currently there is no Incredible drive that I saw unless you could download another driver that is similar and work. But I read on one of the little brochures in the package when I received the phone that there is a fee.

I had a feeling the Verizon Wireless Access Manager would be involved to get that $30 fee in addition to data.

Got one word. PDANet. :D

dunamis

Reaction score

I had a feeling the Verizon Wireless Access Manager would be involved to get that $30 fee in addition to data.

Got one word. PDANet. :D

Yes...And I just saw that it's on a promotional price. I rarely tether and I'm still debating. Now if it did wifi without rooting..I would be all over it. The thing is for quick Internet checking and stuff the incredible is more than enough.

jasonb

Reaction score
when it's rooted i'm sure we'll get wifi tether.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If my contract was over, I'd probably get the Incredible. But I'm content with my Droid and am willing to wait until my contract ends and see what's the new phone then.

buckfill

Reaction score
Sal, I think we drank the same batch of Kool-Aid. I bought my Droid in February as well and it's taking everything I have NOT to order the incredible. I've gone so far as going to the online checkout and hitting "SUBMIT"!!!!

Not sure what to do. In classic grade school mentality...."If you do it...I'll do it!"

dunamis

Reaction score
Sal, I think we drank the same batch of Kool-Aid. I bought my Droid in February as well and it's taking everything I have NOT to order the incredible. I've gone so far as going to the online checkout and hitting "SUBMIT"!!!!

Not sure what to do. In classic grade school mentality...."If you do it...I'll do it!"

it's only money...JK....but seriously, I don't know if I would of if I had to purchase the Incredible retail price. I had the NE2 and so after rebate, I will be paying $100.

But......................this thing really is better than the Moto Droid in everyway FOR ME! The Moto started to bug be with more and more random FC, blank screens, random reboots, and most importantly for me was the weight and size. Don't get me started on the keyboard....absolute failure IMO.

My concern with the Incredible was from reading the review...signal strength and battery life. But having used it for almost two days.....battery is better than the Moto Droid (not much...maybe 20-30% which says a lot considering I've been literally attached to this thing) and signal so far I haven't experienced that it affects calls. I got maybe 3/4 day on the Moto Droid (7am-5ish).

I don't know if anyone will regret upgrading, and yes it's an upgrade. I enjoyed rooting, but my first choice is not to. But then again...we shall see kekeke

Last edited:

Sal

Reaction score

Ah, kindred spirit, here's what I'm thinking. I'm the cautious type. So maybe, we compromise. We don't buy this week. We let it be out in the wild "en masse" for two weeks, read the forums like crazy, and then reconvene. You know there will be bugs; it's just a question of what they are. Must make sure they aren't vital bits or pieces. Then, we buy it and hold on to our Droids tight for the 30 day trial period.

Sal

Reaction score

it's only money...JK....but seriously, I don't know if I would of if I had to purchase the Incredible retail price. I had the NE2 and so after rebate, I will be paying $100.

But......................this thing really is better than the Moto Droid in everyway FOR ME! The Moto started to bug be with more and more random FC, blank screens, random reboots, and most importantly for me was the weight and size. Don't get me started on the keyboard....absolute failure IMO.

My concern with the Incredible was from reading the review...signal strength and battery life. But having used it for almost two days.....battery is better than the Moto Droid (not much...maybe 20-30% which says a lot considering I've been literally attached to this thing) and signal so far I haven't experienced that it affects calls. I got maybe 3/4 day on the Moto Droid (7am-5ish).

I don't know if anyone will regret upgrading, and yes it's an upgrade. I enjoyed rooting, but my first choice is not to. But then again...we shall see kekeke

Yeah, I hate my flat-keyed keyboard too. (Some Droids have more raised ones, apparently.) Was wondering about signal: Do you notice the same number of bars with both your old Droid and new Incredible when you are in the same location? With my Droid, I notice some random signal strength issues sometimes even when I'm at home, which didn't happen with my old dumb phone.

buckfill

Reaction score
I am the little grasshopper I guess. Couldn't take it!!!!

Please print this page for your records
Order Confirmation Number:
Phone Upgrade: #327517720

I told my wife that my intention was to hold off on any major purchases until after the rapture, but I had to make an exception for this one.

(totally joking on the rapture comment.... so, hold the blasts)

Sal

Reaction score
I am the little grasshopper I guess. Couldn't take it!!!!

Please print this page for your records
Order Confirmation Number:
Phone Upgrade: #327517720

I told my wife that my intention was to hold off on any major purchases until after the rapture, but I had to make an exception for this one.

(totally joking on the rapture comment.... so, hold the blasts)

Dude, way to exercise impulse control!!:icon_ banana: Now I feel bad leaving you in this all alone. Or that may be rationalization, anyway! :)

buckfill

Reaction score
lol. If i was a .ini file there would a line of code that says:

ImpulseControl = 0
RemorseFlag = 1
RemindDroidPurchase = 1