[HOWTO] How to root and flash PROPERLY!!!

welsalex

Reaction score
milski65 said:
I'm sure many have different reasons for rooting. Mine is to get rid of the enormous amount of bloat included using titanium backup (other apps on the market) and for wireless tethering. It's actually easy to root the Bionic, if you have an general understanding of what is needed. If you don't I'd read and ask questions before putting yourself in a position that will be more difficult to get out of. I'm new to the Bionic but not to rooting/flashing roms, and I learned the hard way not to assume I can't screw up my phone. If you're going to alter it, you have to know how to restore it to stock and have the tools necessary to get there BEFORE you start modding your phone. That's just my opinion.

Agreed. Definitely do your homework and be 100% sure of what you are doing and how to restore back in-case you run into trouble. I was one of many who jumped the gun and flashed the leaked 5.7.593 update.... I didn't do my homework on it and spent many many days freaking out thinking I would be stuck off the upgrade path. Thankfully some awesome people eventually found a fix for that problem, but I could have saved myself the frustration and anxiety by understanding what I was doing instead of shooting first and asking questions last.

akhi216

Reaction score
If I use Safestrap Recovery, will it go back to the stock recovery if I use FWZ back to stock?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Im on 905 soak and I used the DROID 4 method worked for me. Can't wait to see this thread shine

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

akhi216

Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial. I seem to be getting better battery life since rooting. Can anyone explain why this is (in English lol)?

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
I dont know why that would be... maybe your bionic has got into the groove of your lifestyle, can take 2 weeks lol

akhi216

Reaction score
chuck54 said:
I dont know why that would be... maybe your bionic has got into the groove of your lifestyle, can take 2 weeks lol

That's funny because I've had it for about 2.5 months.

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Well, sorry about no updates, but my phone seems to have trouble after I inserted an external 32 gig card and boot into safe strap. They both had a safe strap folder and must have gotten confused.... no more safe strap till I RSD back to stock!

I'm on axiomcs through bionic bootstrap and loving it besides the 4g is toggling itself.... how do I turn it on (the GSM only method....) I figured I could just sbf or rsd back to 902, but I guess bionic doesn't use sbf files, even tho its there in the bootmenu... (wtf) so ap fast boot using rsd lite 5.7 is what I was going to try...

But RSD lite 5.7 won't install "correctly" apperently some file with an extension of .vbs won't verify.... so I thought maybe it needs adb or sdk or jdk....

Turns out I deleted it all so I could reorganize my files because I had 4.4 gigs of stuff that I don't need lying around and decided to see what else I didn't need. But now I can't install adb correctly.....

If anyone has advice on any of these problems, reply, pm me, or telepathicaly send me the info because I'm going insane.........