How to Verify if your phone is back to stock or still ROOTED?

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm not too technical savy, but I believe I have restored my phone back to stock, but not 100% sure. Is there a way to verify if indeed my phone is back to stock or still rooted? Thanks in advance.

-Movado

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your Super User icon is still there, then you are rooted.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
If your Super User icon is still there, then you are rooted.
I only have stock icons right now. I don't remeber what the super user icon is it was a few months ago when i rooted and then i think i reverted back to stock, but was not sure if it was a unroot restore or what did i do. I did have some icon which was where i had to do this serious of steps in order to root my phone such as backing up the nandroid folder etc etc.

So if all my icons are stock then most likely i'm unrooted ? Is there any other way to verify this?

murflee33

Reaction score
theres an actual app in your app drawer called super user and it looks like a little ninja. If you do not have this than you are not rooted.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
theres an actual app in your app drawer called super user and it looks like a little ninja. If you do not have this than you are not rooted.

I do not have it, thank you very much for your help guys much appreciated!!! :)

darktorn10

Reaction score
i have been searching for a while and cant find a unroot thread can anyone point me in the direction of one please

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that is how to unroot if you choose