How to use my fascinate with laptop for internet access without having to root phone?

fascinateme33

Reaction score
Okay had bstorm..used it as tether with vzw for there broadband...I'm new to Droid and just beginning to learn the essentials.. I live way out in rural area and have no internet access, but need my laptop on occasion..but not $20 a month for 2g's worth for vzw 3g hotspot service. Is there a way to use fascinate for this and bypass verizon, but don't want to root. I'm willing to pay for an application if there is one that could tap me into internet or just any general help on the topic would be great. Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

evltwn72

Reaction score
Okay had bstorm..used it as tether with vzw for there broadband...I'm new to Droid and just beginning to learn the essentials.. I live way out in rural area and have no internet access, but need my laptop on occasion..but not $20 a month for 2g's worth for vzw 3g hotspot service. Is there a way to use fascinate for this and bypass verizon, but don't want to root. I'm willing to pay for an application if there is one that could tap me into internet or just any general help on the topic would be great. Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

There are 2 apps out there on the Android market. PDAnet and Easytether. Both are free in the market. But they don't allow you to go to secure websites (https://). PDAnet charges 20 bucks and Easytether charges 10 bucks to access secure websites. You don't have to be rooted to use these apps either. You can download from the market onto your phone, connect your phone to your laptop or computer and it will ask to install onto the computer and when that is done you will be up and running. I've used PDAnet for the last year on both my OG Droid and now my DX. Hope this helps.