Wireless tether hangs limited access

frankie10

Reaction score
Okay, so I've had the Droid x rooted ota with z4 root for almost a year without any problems.

Running froyo 2.2.1 and custom rom liberty 2.0.1

I used wifi tether for the longest if a problem occurred I'd update to the latest version and that

Usually fixed any issues. Now this past week I setup wifi tether .. see it on my XP machine and it won't

Acquire an IP address. Just hangs. Limited access. I freshly reromed my phone. I also allowed it

Superuser and droidwall perms. I did freeze Bluetooth share but way before all of this so I doubt that

Be the problem. I tried basicly every version of the wifi tether app available and its the same thing. I'm flustered

I'm no android master but not new yet I cannot figure out what the problem is. I held off on sbfing to gb because

Of the difficulty friends have had and tether issues. Does anyone have any answers? Or is anyone experiencing the same issue?

I really need the tether or else I would not even post this here but the people/staff here seem very educated in this field and I'm almost

Certain someone can help. I don't get the vzw page so I think it has something to do with my phone. Anyway, any help and/or advice is

Much appreciated. Thanks again for reading this post. -Frankie

OP
F

frankie10

Reaction score
um help?

Kidding me? Not to sound like a crybaby but 183 views ... 0 replies. Serious? I mean if I posted in the wrong section please let me know. But. Can I at least get some response. Sorry to be anxious but it is a flustering situation. Thanks.

leftspin

Reaction score
Kidding me? Not to sound like a crybaby but 183 views ... 0 replies. Serious? I mean if I posted in the wrong section please let me know. But. Can I at least get some response. Sorry to be anxious but it is a flustering situation. Thanks.

If someone doesn't know how to help do you want them posting just to let you know that they have no idea? Anybody who read your post as one of those 183 views did it out of their own interest, not because they're in any way required to

as for your problem, my recommendation would be to SBF to .602 GB, flash the WugFresh wireless tether patch and use the Wifi Tether for Root Users app from google code (Google search for that and the WugFresh patch, it's against the rules to post external links)