how to turn off notifications..

ryder004

Reaction score
i swear i hate getting a notification everytime i get a new email or step in or out of a wifi zone or one of my apps need to be updated or a new facebook message ....because i always think i got a text and run to my fone.

how to turn off all notifications except for texting..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have yet to see a method for turning off all notifications except for texts but you could go in to each app that has notifications and go in to the settings and turn them off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
R

ryder004

Reaction score
I have yet to see a method for turning off all notifications except for texts but you could go in to each app that has notifications and go in to the settings and turn them off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
how do i this for gmail app

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Press menu - more - settings, then turn off notifications. Do this within the gmail application.

Irony58

Reaction score
I turned gmail notifications off some time ago, but they've just started happening. The setting in Gmail hasn't changed - I still have them off, so is there something else that sends notifications?

I tried an experiment. I turned notifications on and now I get two notification sounds, the one I set plus the mysterious new one. This new one sounds like the same tone that happens when my Droid 2 is in the desk dock. So maybe it thinks it's still docked?

GoHuskies

Reaction score
If this is too off-topic I'll apologize in advance... but is there anyone else using corporate activesync that gets email notifications for messages that your exchange server filters to the junk folder? We have a spam filter set up that catches probably 95% of spam and sends it to a junk folder, where it eventually gets deleted. However, my phone (Droid Charge) has decided that it wants me to know every time I get a spam message too, and as far as I can tell there isn't a setting to differentiate. As you can imagine, this kind of nullifies the benefit of a spam filter. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

sierra

Reaction score
i swear i hate getting a notification everytime i get a new email or step in or out of a wifi zone or one of my apps need to be updated or a new facebook message ....because i always think i got a text and run to my fone.

how to turn off all notifications except for texting..
how do I turn off email notifications

SteveA

Reaction score
Got this from the kind people at HTC for my Thunderbolt: You can set the notification volume to be low or off and still allow the other sounds to come through. To do this, go to menu>settings>sounds>volume and uncheck "use incoming call volume for notifications". When you do this another slider bar will show up to adjust the notification sound volume.