How to transfer videos from phone to computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathy duncan

Reaction score
Don't you guys think that setting up a Wi-Fi connection on any device is really a tough job, especially for a person who's is entirely new to it?

Last edited:
OP
K

kinos

Reaction score
No, I haven't gotten the chance yet. I still have to figure out how to set up the wifi. I've been very busy lately so I'll do it when I get a chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

OP
K

kinos

Reaction score
Cathy, I completely agree with you on that one. With my iPhone I used to plug it in and I'd know how to work everything. Not sure why I'm having this much difficulty with the android.

Reaction score
Setting up wifi? Do you mean the hardware as in router/modem or the software as in android os or swiftp?

If you mean software, the tutorial for swiftp is step by step. And to use wifi on the phone just toggle it on with a widget, there are alternate apps other than swiftp, I know adb wireless for sure but it might require root, its just a matter of finding what works right for you, and SwiFTP was it for me, the tutorial was hands down the best I've seen.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

kinos

Reaction score
I meant setting up my wifi at home. I have a Linksys router that my brother had set up but I'm not sure how to set it up myself. I'm sure I can just Google it and it will tell me. Ill have to figure it out.

cathy duncan

Reaction score
Well, am talking about the software off course. I still think it's really a difficult job to get through it.

Reaction score
Honestly all you need to do to setup wireless hardware is connect the wireless router to a modem and it will broadcast unsecured automatically, if anything is difficult it'd be securing it or changing the id.

As far as software, what is it that you're having issues with? There's usually not any software involved in setting up/receiving wifi

nibblit

Reaction score
Caprinoftheworld,
Please excuse me for going off topic. Perhaps I'm losing my site-dunno. What is your profile pic? I see a jar of pickles.

Reaction score
Its supposed to be animated, but its a creature of sorts, looks kinda like a sock puppet that's eating something and plays "nom a nom a nom" haha, I just thought it was clever even though you can't hear the audio or see the animation

nibblit

Reaction score
Its supposed to be animated, but its a creature of sorts, looks kinda like a sock puppet that's eating something and plays "nom a nom a nom" haha, I just thought it was clever even though you can't hear the audio or see the animation

Endearing profile pic!

Sent from my marginally bricked D2

cathy duncan

Reaction score
Honestly all you need to do to setup wireless hardware is connect the wireless router to a modem and it will broadcast unsecured automatically, if anything is difficult it'd be securing it or changing the id.

As far as software, what is it that you're having issues with? There's usually not any software involved in setting up/receiving wifi

Well, I really don't know what's wrong with it, as am not an expert user. I'll get it checked with my friend and will get back to you if it gets fixed. Or I'll ask the problem from my friend and will let you know.

OP
K

kinos

Reaction score
I just had an idea but I'm not sure if it's possible? I do have a Micro SD memory card for my phone with an adapter. Is there a way to transfer the videos from my phones memory to my memory card? That way I could take out my memory card, stick it into the adapter, and plug it into my computer.

Also, is there a way to change settings on the camera so that my videos/pictures will automatically save to my memory card and not the phone itself?

geta2j

Reaction score
Certainly, you should check your default camera settings if it does not already save to card definitely change it so it does. You should be able to plug in your mini usb cord to your computer and phone and make the transfer that way.

OP
K

kinos

Reaction score
Certainly, you should check your default camera settings if it does not already save to card definitely change it so it does. You should be able to plug in your mini usb cord to your computer and phone and make the transfer that way.

I've tried it by plugging in the USB chord that came with the phone. When I click 'Mass Storage ' nothing pops up. All I want is for my videos to be transferred to my computer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.