How to transfer apps to Turbo without downloading individually?

taylor91593

Reaction score
I went and bought a Turbo today. Wish I would have just ordered online so I could set it up myself. The rep I worked with wasn't very pleasant. and very pushy on top of it. He started setting up phone and automatically started Motorola Migrate, which I would have rather done at home over wifi. but at this point it was started so I figured I would just let it go. I left Verizon store to go shopping, migrate was about 10% done and I needed to make a call, but could not while it was migrating everything over, tried to call and no ring or anything. So I stopped migrate. I later noticed that all my apps from my old phone were on the new one. But being so only part of my music/pictures and what not were transferred, I did factory reset so I could start over with migrate again to get everything on new phone. But it didn't transfer apps, and I had all options checked to migrate. How did they move over apps when they first turned on phone at store? Also, the first time they turn the phone on at store, it has all of the set up notifications in notification bar, why do these not show up after a factory reset? I would like to go through some of them.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Did you follow these steps?

Ensure the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.
From the 'Boot Mode Selection Menu' screen, tap Recovery mode.
Note Utilize the Volume Down button to scroll through the menu options and the Volume Up button to select.
From the 'Android system recovery' screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold the Volume Up button then press and release the Power button to display the menu options.
Tap wipe data/factory reset.
Note Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Tap Yes -- delete all user data.
Note Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
Tap reboot system now.
Note Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Note To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Congrats on your new device Taylor!
Have you tried clicking on the "reset settings" option within backup and reset?
GQejORJ.jpg

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't think the Settings Reset takes you back to out of the box. I beleive it only clears the data.
Reset from Recovery should take you back to out of the box.

Reactions: cr6
OP
T

taylor91593

Reaction score
I don't think the Settings Reset takes you back to out of the box. I beleive it only clears the data.
Reset from Recovery should take you back to out of the box.
I do not even see that "reset settings", only factory data reset. and reset from recovery had same out come as factory data reset. I'm assuming it's because sim card has been activated already, because when set up starts it says "this sim card has already been activated, your phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx"... I don't know. I wish I would have just told him to let me do it myself. or not stopped the transfer, but he told me it would take about a half an hour..... half an hour later it was at 10% and I wasn't going to be home for hours. I didn't know if it was using my data (that I share with 2 more people) to transfer or not.

OP
T

taylor91593

Reaction score
Never mind, I see that I can go to the play store > my apps and select multiple and download them all at once. Thanks for trying to help :)

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yeah, you can get them from the Play Store, but what about transferring app data without root? I've always done it with Titanium Backup, I feel so lost. Anyone?