How to take pics?

stanwelks

Reaction score
This sounds real stupid. I did not receive a manual with it and I figured it would be simple enough to figure out all of the basics, and so far I have, except, I can't quite figure out how to take pics or shoot video.

I went into camera mode and touch the screen to take a pic, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Are you supposed to touch the screen for a specified time?

I also went into video mode and touched the screen though it never started recording.

embee65

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I have been everywhere trying to figure out how to use my new Incredible! Hopefully the manual will be of help. Why don't they include one????

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
funny, until I started going through the manual I did not even realize there was an optical joystick.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I have been everywhere trying to figure out how to use my new Incredible! Hopefully the manual will be of help. Why don't they include one????

They didn't include one with the Droid either. I suggest putting the PDF on your sd card so you'll always have it with you.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
find the camera icon in apps list, open it, point and press the optical button thing to snap the shot.... it should tell you that when in the ready to take a pic mode.

robdroid

Reaction score
This sounds real stupid. I did not receive a manual with it and I figured it would be simple enough to figure out all of the basics, and so far I have, except, I can't quite figure out how to take pics or shoot video.

I went into camera mode and touch the screen to take a pic, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Are you supposed to touch the screen for a specified time?

I also went into video mode and touched the screen though it never started recording.

Point the camera lens at your target then press the optic switch on the bottom (yes its a switch and a optic roller) Press it as if its a button it will depress and shoot!

speed4tu

Reaction score
U can also hold your finger on the screen for a couple seconds or so and it will snap a pic. So you don't have to push the optical button.