Need help getting pic on SD card

notatechperson

Reaction score
My first smartphone and I'm not nearly smart enough. Hence, my screen name Not a Tech Person (and that's an understatement).

I had someone photoshop a funny pic that I want to send to a friend. The pic was sent to my phone via email. I now need to send this pic to my friend and don't know how to do it without having to FWD the email that was sent to me with the pic in it. I would prefer to send it via text msg if possible.

I would imagine I have to get it onto the SD card first, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I guess the official question is: How do I get a pic out of my email and onto my SD card so that I can then send it in a text?

Sad, that I don't know how to do this, I know. Try not to rub it in :)

Thanks!

minimott

Reaction score
Can you click on the attachment and will it give you the option to save it? I feel like I've seen that message before.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
N

notatechperson

Reaction score
No, that's what I was thinking. I was unable to click onto the attachment but if I had only scrolled down enough at the bottom of the pic there's a button to download and it automatically went into my gallery. Never saw the download button. duh!

Now for some reason the phone is unable to send the pic. I am trying to text it now and I am getting a message that the message was unable to be sent "trying again" "generic network failure", etc, yet every other text has gone thru fine. It must have something to do with this pic.

Thank you so much for being kind enough to get back to me. It appears that no one else wanted to be bothered helping out somebody who is clueless. This apparently is not the forum for me. But, thank you!

minimott

Reaction score
Please don't give up. I am really new at this and it's been helpful for me and I try to help if I can. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try a reboot and see if that helps. Also, what's your signal like where you are? 3G or 1X?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! I have 3G. I did the reboot and it helped. But, why?..

Just one of those things. I have to do a reboot if I move photos to different folders for them to actually move. Weird huh?

OP
N

notatechperson

Reaction score
Thanks!

Another question if I may, regarding the SD card.

There are pics in "camera shots" that do not show up in the Gallery. Some camera shots pics were in the gallery, some weren't ( I don't know why some were there). I showed a friend and he adjusted something so that all future shots that I take will go onto the SD card. But there are still those pics that are not on the card. Do you know how I can get all of the shots onto the card? Preferably all at once even if there are duplicates, because I'm not exactly sure which ones are on the card and which ones are not. Thanks