How to stop pictures from getting zoomed in while setting them as wallpapers?!

dzone67

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clear step by step guide on how to do this? I already have Quickpic as wall as wallpaper wizard. I have no idea on what to do. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from a Rezound!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're using Wallpaper Wizardy you need to choose no crop if the wallpaper is already sized the way you want.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The easiest way is to find a properly sized image. I believe that 1440 x 1280 is the true wallpaper size.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
I have found and I as well cropped pictures to fit 1440x1280. And still, they get zoomed in. It's extremely annoying. I actually strongly dislike it.

Sent from a Rezound!

Last edited:

Escobar

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess I misunderstood what you're saying. Wallpaper Wizardrii is the only app I know off off-hand that lets you set your wallpaper size be whatever you want. You can crop as you please. Try it out.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
I am aware of that. Yet, even when I crop to a certain size and set it as my wallpaper, it gets zoomed in too much. Making my screen look horrible.

Sent from a Rezound!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You know, I just realized this was an old topic. I think you started it back in Jan Dzone67.

I was just doing some testing and if you go to set the wallpaper via the gallery standard method it shows you exactly the way it will look on screen.

isaidmynamewas

Reaction score
Uninstall Nova Launcher, download Go Launcher EX, change the wallpaper orientation to portrait, uninstall Go Launcher EX, then bada bing bada boom ya got it back.

ylak26

Reaction score
you can do this straight from nova launcher also.

Go into nova settings, click on desktop, under the scroll tab click on wallpaper scrolling and choose off.

And thats pretty much it. just set a wallpaper as you would normally do.

Sent from DROID4 running AOKP