How to open WAV file from email?

tritop15

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with opening up a WAV file from an email attachment. I get voicemail from my work via WAV file and I am unable to open it. It say "the attachment cannot be display". Please help and give me your opinion or solution. I downloaded AudioPlayer WithEQ to play WAV file but it still doesnt work. Thank!

Naruto

Reaction score
did you try to touch the audio file and hold down on it? sometimes it'll give you the option to save it or set as a ringtone...

maybe then you can open it with the media player app

OP
T

tritop15

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it just have 1 option which is "open". Touch and hold does nothing and menu keys just have delete, forward, reply, reply all and mark as unread.

I even tried sending and receiving an mp3 attachment and it worked fine. Was able to open and save and play it. It gave me the option to open or save by the attachment. With the WAV file, it just has the option of open. Still, it doesn't open or play.

Switchback

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with saving MP3's that I send through my GMAIL on my computer to the gmail client on the phone. I can play the MP3 but not save it.

OP
T

tritop15

Reaction score
Switchback - try opening the file and let it play then hitting the menu key to save it. That was the option that I was able to do with MP3 and not WAV. Hope that works for you.

Switchback

Reaction score
yea, I tried a bunch of things, I am using the default media player, and dont have access to the menu key. However in Gmail it says preview.

D

Droidlicous

Hopefully this will be a fix because I'm having the issue. Very annoying for sure...

OP
T

tritop15

Reaction score
There's another thread about this same issue also but still no solution yet. I hope VZW get this fix with the December 11th firmware update. Does anyone an alternate solution to this matter? I would like to see what you guys are doing to make it work for the time being.

lhfarm

Reaction score
Not sure anyone is listening

I've posted about this problem mulitple times on mulitple boards (here, Andriod fourms and Motorola support). It is a real problem for many business users. I don't see anything in the 12/11 documents or even the 1/22 list that address this.

Not sure how we bring this to the attention of the OS owners.

Barry

OP
T

tritop15

Reaction score
Thank you. This will work for the mean time. Appreciate your help.

R Droid

Reaction score
My Moto Droid running 2.1 could play my VM wav files. After upgrading to 2.2 it stopped working.
I've since downloaded Remote Wave as a work around for now.