How to make Thunderbolt stop checking the update?

dontist

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a stock Thunderbolt, without any updates.. i mean not the 1st one that created random reboot issue and neither the second one meant to fix it (i think its 75MB).

The thing is .. i am not interested in having this second update. (dont ask me why!! :icon_eek:). To be simple and straight.. my phone is perfect right now and i dont want to loose my freee wifi hotspot .. so dont want this ****ty update.. and anyways it is not GB..

I just want my tb to not to check for updates for it.. how is it possible?

I tried checking manually update and when it appears that the update is available, start downloading in 2.5 mins or so.. i click on "reject" .. but that doesnt seem to stop checking for updates.

Today morning luckily i found that my phone was automatically downloading this update and almost 85 percent done.. i forcefully tried to cancel but this did not cancelled it.. and eventually just took the battery off...

so now i am still having my stock tb without updates.... BUT.. i dont want any more surprises.. how can i just get this bloody checking automatically software update off?? I am just pissed off..

OP
D

dontist

Reaction score
Anyone any suggestion ????

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Eliteoomph

Reaction score
I am wanting to know the exact same thing for the exact same reasons... U ever have any luck?

larrymg

Reaction score
yeah....would love to stop it to. free hotspot is well worth the few random reboots

Bort9020

Reaction score
Spoke with a verizon tech over the phone - told me she couldn't do anything and it was an HTC issue

Then spoke with an HTC tech - said he couldn't do anything and the notification will persist until it expires

Finally went into a Verizon store today and was told the same thing by a tech (he added that eventually the phone will silently update)

Workaround Download and enable JuiceDefender from the market. Set it up so that it disables all connectivity (except for your needed programs) when the screen is off. This will prevent the phone from downloading, and installing, the update in the middle of the night.

Anything else? Oh yeah... F*$# verizon for downgrading our android and making us pay more to re-enable features. I'll be enjoying my unlimited data and free hot spot for some time to come