How to keep music playing while switching apps ?

lilbudro

Reaction score
This is the only problem Ive ran into with my new Thunderbolt.
I've tried searching this and other forums, but could find no clear answer.
Is there a way I can keep music playing, while switching to other apps or turning the screen off?
I have tried using the included streaming media player and rockplayer, both stop playback when I go to my home screen.
They seem to have no options for playback in the background and I have not installed any type of App Killer.
This problem is quite annoying, as most dumb phones are capable of doing more than one thing at once.

Thanks in advance,
Budro

jellybean420

Reaction score
This is the only problem Ive ran into with my new Thunderbolt.
I've tried searching this and other forums, but could find no clear answer.
Is there a way I can keep music playing, while switching to other apps or turning the screen off?
I have tried using the included streaming media player and rockplayer, both stop playback when I go to my home screen.
They seem to have no options for playback in the background and I have not installed any type of App Killer.
This problem is quite annoying, as most dumb phones are capable of doing more than one thing at once.

Thanks in advance,
Budro

I thought this post was strange so I said what the Hell and tried playing music and running other apps / pressing home button. The music does not stop when doing other things and running other apps. I actually get a pause button in the notification pulldown. I'm using the music player that came with it. I'm stock rooted. (waiting for CM7). So I would say your phone is messed up or the Rom your running doesn't support it. Either way you have a problem I don't. Hope that helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L