How to get rid of album art in gallery?

brock

Reaction score
when i pull up my gallery i dont want to see all of my album art... how can i get it not to show?

pudah

Reaction score
when i pull up my gallery i dont want to see all of my album art... how can i get it not to show?
If you delete it it'll be gone. I dont think you can customize what is/isn't shown there, but I could be wrong. Perhaps an alternate application?

OP
B

brock

Reaction score
thought i read something about putting a no.media file in the folder and it wouldn't show up.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
thought i read something about putting a no.media file in the folder and it wouldn't show up.

True dat. I did it for my Beautiful Widgets themes directory and it took those files out of the Gallery.

Mojo

Reaction score
Can you explain in a little more detail about putting g the no.media in... please

pudah

Reaction score
I made a text file and named it no.media and placed it in a music album directory that contains album art. I wen to the gallery app and it still shows that album as a folder with pictures in it.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oooh. Yes, no.media file details. :icon_ banana:

All of the numbers for Beautiful widgets along with album art is clogging up my Gallery as well!:mad:

Thanks in advance.

dakster

Reaction score
Doesn't putting .nomedia in your music folder where your album art is getting pulled in from keep yoru music player from seeing your music files? I was under the impression that .nomedia affects both the gallery and the music player.

coryh83

Reaction score
That I'm not sure. I use btunes so all my album art is in a different folder from my music.

brochaos

Reaction score
i think its easier just to use a ID tagging program and embed the art in the files themselves.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been looking for the answer to this one for ages. I cannot make a .nomedia file (windows does not allow it) so I copied and pasted the one in Beuatiful Widgets folder

jasonb

Reaction score
the .nomedia works great. btunes still sees it, but it doesn't show up in my gallery anymore. thanks for this thread! :)

OP
B

brock

Reaction score
wait... how are you guys making the .nomedia file?