How to get notification bar to show when in Apps

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Hi all. This is probably a simple question, but is there a way to get notifications to show, even when in an app that normally doesn't show the notification bar? My son set his to do this, but I think it may have something to do with the launcher he's using, and I can't seem to find a way to do it.
Thanks.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
R

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Anything? Anyone?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I don't see any setting for that. Maybe check in-app settings for each app?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi all. This is probably a simple question, but is there a way to get notifications to show, even when in an app that normally doesn't show the notification bar? My son set his to do this, but I think it may have something to do with the launcher he's using, and I can't seem to find a way to do it.
Thanks.

The only way I know of is to be using LauncherPro (I don't know about other launchers). There is an option in LauncherPro to display the notification bar or to hide the notification bar.

OP
R

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping there was something native to Android that would allow this, but I guess I'll end up checking out LauncherPro.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping there was something native to Android that would allow this, but I guess I'll end up checking out LauncherPro.
I'm using LauncherPro and love it. It gives you a number of options not available with the stock launcher. Before installing LauncherPro (free in the Market), search YouTube for "LauncherPro" and watch some of the video's addressing the options...you may like it. There are two versions of LauncherPro...free and plus. The "plus" version allows you to adjust the size of your widgets, I think that is the only difference but I could be wrong on that.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
As far as I know, LauncherPro can't control the behavior of other apps. It can hide or show the notification bar on the homescreens and stuff, but I don't know that it can do the same universally across all apps.

That would be nice, though...would take me one step closer to making this thing work like my Treo. Ask your son how he did it...and then let us know!