How to get my contacts name to show up when they call me?

Sappie

Reaction score
i just recently upgraded from my BB to the ERIS and I'm trying to set up my phone and add all my contacts but when my Huband calls me it always shows up as unknown caller even though i have his info saved in my contacts list. Can some one help me figure out what I'm doing wrong b/c I will never answer the phone if I don't know whos calling me. lol

droider4life

Reaction score
On my Droid I had this problem... I don't know if the eris is the same or not but make sure the phone number is under the correct label mobile/home and try taking the number 1 off the first if the number. ... see if thus fixes ur problem.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
On my Droid I had this problem... I don't know if the eris is the same or not but make sure the phone number is under the correct label mobile/home and try taking the number 1 off the first if the number. ... see if thus fixes ur problem.

Yeah, removing the 1 from US numbers should fix this. The call label (home/work/cell) shouldn't make a difference.

If you have the number in as 1-AreaCode-Number, the cell recognizes incoming calls as AreaCode-Number, so since they dont match, you wont get the link to contacts.

OP
S

Sappie

Reaction score
I tried it and it didn't work. lol I don't think there was ever a "1" along with the number in the first place. lol

droider4life

Reaction score
Actually the label did cause some grief for me.. I Had some mobile numbers labeled as home and it wouldn't show the info.. it was weird. Changed the label and fixed my problem..

OP
S

Sappie

Reaction score
Come to find out it was an issue on Verizon side, the option for Caller ID wasn't selected and once they fixed that it works like it should. lol Simple issue and it took me 6 hours to come to a conclusion. haha All is right in my world now...on to tackle other things with this. This is for sure a bigger learning curve than my BB was.

Thanks so much for the suggestion and trying to help yall. =D

loves2laugh

Reaction score
Mine is doing it too, but only with some of the numbers. Some names show up and some numbes show up. It's very frustrating. It's like the old days when we had to answer our phone even though we didn't know who was calling us!! LOL How terrible!!! LOL

mamawm

Reaction score
as stated above make sure the contact #'s are correctly labeled. if you receive a call from a landline and it is set up in your contacts as a mobile #, only the number will show up, not the contact's name. and the other way around too. once you've fixed those labels the contact names should show up. (i know all this because of past experience)

RCFlyn

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with the contacts being placed in the wrong catagory (I.E. Mobile, home, office) making any difference, but I have had an issue a time or two, where the "1" either being in front of the Number or not, making a difference. Oddly enough, some #'s have to have the "1" in front, some #'s are fine with just the Zip code & Number being enough... :unsure: