How to exit factory mode to user mode in S3 HELP !!!!

xedrex

Reaction score
hey i need help.... i had 4.2.2 in my phone i decided to put in the official 4.1.2 in it... I did the installation when it was over the phone had a superimposed yellow box with stuff like imei number,, model num,, etc
phones gsm was not working saying "cannot register network"
a box saying "phone is in factory mode some features may not work revert back to user mode" appeared for flash of a second and dissapeared but other.... all other functions are working perfectly fine but these are not working..... any one pls HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some one said the EFS file got deleted i dont know if it is so !!!

OP
X

xedrex

Reaction score
Fixed it finally !!!! haaaa such a relief !

well heres the solution i got from xda developers..... well to exit the factory mode
1. ud have to install a terminal emulator from google market
2. Type su
3. Then enter the following after the #
echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode

(yes ON is the correct setting to turn it off)

Then I had to reboot for the change to take effect. FYI, I had to go through initial setup after the reboot.
walaa there it was phone out of facroty mode with all its features woring :D :D

maxjoey

Reaction score
well heres the solution i got from xda developers..... well to exit the factory mode
2. Type su

Then I had to reboot for the change to take effect. FYI, I had to go through initial setup after the reboot.

i have tried the above mentioned using terminal emulator but i received this message (sh: cannot create /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode: no such file or directory)
is there any other solve to resolve this?
please please help?

Maxjoey.

kevin.shalaby

Reaction score
hey i need help.... i had 4.2.2 in my phone i decided to put in the official 4.1.2 in it... I did the installation when it was over the phone had a superimposed yellow box with stuff like imei number,, model num,, etc
phones gsm was not working saying "cannot register network"
a box saying "phone is in factory mode some features may not work revert back to user mode" appeared for flash of a second and dissapeared but other.... all other functions are working perfectly fine but these are not working..... any one pls HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some one said the EFS file got deleted i dont know if it is so !!!

hade the same problem and I have just fixed it. have a good day and hope it works with you too

[Q] This just puped up when i was restoring my EFS ! - Page 2 - xda-developers

TMBer

Reaction score
2. Type su

I downloaded the terminal emulator, typed what you instructed here but absolutely nothing happened except a message stating: /system/bin/sh: can't create /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode: Permission denied. After each item typed I hit ENTER, and/or opened a new terminal emulator page. Every time it is the same thing.

Please inform as to EXACTLY what you typed in, when and where you hit ENTER, etc. I've been fighting with this phone for quite a while now and am almost ready to take it to the Geek Squad :S

Thanks