SG S3 not going into download mode

SG3_user1

Reaction score
Hi guys i just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Thailand

It has lot of apps in chinese. One of them specially called "QQ Security" is a nuisance
I need to remove it cannot
So searched the net
tried various ways to root the device but was unsuccessful

Finally got a step by step process on how to root the device which needs the phone to get into the download mode

The method i follow is "From off hold vol down and home then press power"
No matter what I do i cannot get into the download mode
It gets into recovery mode every single time i try it

I read some where that I can flash the rom but even for that the download mode is needed.

I am pretty stuck will appreciate any kind of links or guides

The model is GT-I9300?
Android Version 4.0.4

I am m sorry if this particular issue has already been talked about before, but i could appreciate any kind of help.

minez

Reaction score
I got the same problem with you. Anyone please help!

gwoshmi

Reaction score
I too have this problem. The phone was bought for my partner by her sister in China, any permutation of the button
pressing during power on brings it to recovery mode. I've downloaded the Android SDK and attempted to access from the
console (adb reboot download), and it just reboots normally.

The device I get from "adb devices" is "0123456789ABCDEF" which obviously isn't correct.

I've checked the IMIE number and the phone appears to be legit.

I *can't* get to download mode - Samsung Kies doesn't recognise the device, ODIN doesn't have an address appear
either - I'm going to send it back to the sister-in-law before long, this is driving me crazy. There's a lot of Chinese apps, QQ guard is suspect.

Any help?

gwoshmi

Reaction score
An update on what's happened.

It appears the phone from China was a fake. I suspect this is the case for the OP. Thanks for the suggestions people but I'd tried pretty much all button vol up/down combinations, toolkit reboots, battery removal etc etc but what smelled like a rat was that I couldn't get Kies to recognise the device.

I compared it a friend's genuine article and although it was an excellent copy, I'm afraid that's what it actually was.

Purchased a genuine one here in Australia and the differences are now even more apparent - AMOLED screen sharpness, the genuine phone was lighter and thinner and so on.

Anyway the phone was returned to the sister-in-law in China and everyone now happy. Will *never* buy anything like that in China again.