How to delete "suggested" email address

RM_Droider

Reaction score
In gmail and yahoo mail how can one delete a 'suggested' email address that shows in the drop down list? I have an incorrect suggested email address ([email protected] should have been [email protected]) that I fat fingered and I want to delete. Thanks for your help! (Motorola DROID user)

harrellj

Reaction score
When you're saying suggested email address, are you talking about for one of your contacts? If so, go to google.com/contacts and you can clean any of your contacts' info up there (much easier than on the phone). If you're talking about an address that you manually typed in, I believe its still considered a contact in the phone.

OP
R

RM_Droider

Reaction score
thanks for your response harrellj. this is not a contact but an email address that I must have keyed in but typed a 'j' instead of a 'h' in 'yahoo.com' so the DROID has that incorrect email address and 'suggests' it everytime i type in the correct email address. I can't find out how to delete the incorrect address. It does not show up in my contacts or anywhere else on my DROID.

harrellj

Reaction score
If you go to google.com/contacts and go to the "other contacts" group, is that address listed?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Or on your phone, open Contacts. Hit Menu, then Display Options. Click on the gmail account listed and it should expand. Check the Other Contacts box at the bottom and click Done. You should see all of those funky mistype addresses. Long press any of them and select Delete. Go back and uncheck Other Contacts when done. Hope that helps.

OP
R

RM_Droider

Reaction score
giant25- You are terrific! Thanks so much for your response- what an easy, but not obvious fix. I am very, very happy. This solution should be in any DROID Tips list!

flynrotties

Reaction score
how to delete mis-typed email addresses

thanks for your response harrellj. this is not a contact but an email address that I must have keyed in but typed a 'j' instead of a 'h' in 'yahoo.com' so the DROID has that incorrect email address and 'suggests' it everytime i type in the correct email address. I can't find out how to delete the incorrect address. It does not show up in my contacts or anywhere else on my DROID.

Did you ever find out how to remove the mistyped addresses from coming up as a suggestion?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Did you ever find out how to remove the mistyped addresses from coming up as a suggestion?

Holy 3 year old thread Batman. This thread was resolved two posts above yours...

flynrotties

Reaction score
delete mis-typed email addresses from being suggested

Holy 3 year old thread Batman. This thread was resolved two posts above yours...

I only have 2 contacts in gmail and both of those addresses are fine. The suggested addresses are not in my phone contacts nor my aol contacts but every time I want to send a email to an similar address these pop up as suggestions.