1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to add BLUR APKS back to GummyJar?

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by budmonster, Jan 2, 2011.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I like GummyJar but I need some Blur stuff back. How can I add some Blur apk back to the GummyJar rom?

For instance I don't like that stock camera/video on GummyJar so I found a file called DX_Camera(BlurCameraFromFission).zip and flashed it, I now have the blur camera and video, it flashed right over the stock ones.

I would like to add some other Blur stuff back. How can I add, say the Blur Messaging app? I know the files have to be deodexed to work on Gummyjar, so where can I can get Blur files that are already deodexed? Or should I just take the deodexed apks from other roms like apex or fission? I'm confused on how to do this.

And if I do fine the Messaging.apk or whatever its called, can I just delete the camera.apk that's currently in the DX_Camera(BlurCameraFromFission).zip and replace it with Messaging.apk and so on?

Thanks for reading my long ass ramble, Happy New Year:icon_ banana:

-BUD
  2. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer Super Moderator Premium Member

Go to sephtin.com he has some apks that will work for both gummy and focused since they are based off the same base
  3. Paladin

Paladin New Member

I am interested in this as well. Didn't see the apks over at sephtins site. I tried using them ones from Fabs "removed apps" zip and no luck. Anyone know how to get this done?
  4. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond New Member

You could try out Apex 1.3.1 ROM if you want some Blur functionality back. It's built for that and has great battery life. I switch frequently back and forth between both of them 'cause they are both excellent..:)
    Here it is:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/104512-rom-apex-1-3-1-droid-x-running-running-fast-can-12-16-10-a.html
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. Paladin

Paladin New Member

Yeah, ran APEX for a while. Nice rom, but liking the speed out of GJ2.5 better right now. Do miss the Blur widgets tho. Hoping we can figure out how to add them. And lockscreen gestures like UD would be great too!
  6. Goose71

Goose71 New Member

i would like to have the phone/dialer from .340, anyone know how to get that on this rom?
  7. grayzweb

grayzweb New Member

Anybody think maybe Gummy is a fast rom Because it is blurless?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. budmonster

budmonster Guest

No **** Sherlock, we know it's fast b/c its blurless. Some people would like to add back certain items, create there own ROM. GummyJar is a good base rom to start from, we just need the Blur apks.
  9. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Does anyone know of any other roms, besides Apex, that the APKs can be taken off of and used on the GummyJar rom?

Is there deoxed version of stock 2.2.1 out there? Or if someone could explain how to take a an apk from the stock rom and deoxed it to work on GummyJar? Any help would be much appreciated.
  10. grayzweb

grayzweb New Member

Sorry budmonster, I'm fairly new to this. I didn't know you can add those blur apps back and keep it faster than Apex.
    I'm still learning...
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  11. Tanium

Tanium New Member

Just sbf the .34 system file.
    All the blur will be back. Runs great to.
  12. JkdJedi

JkdJedi New Member

I'm wondering if your just back to stock with some bits and pieces of GummyJar there. Sounds to good to be true. Are your apKs' still DEodexed? Has anyone else tried this? I might have to do this to see for myself...hmm
  13. CHP

CHP New Member

this takes you COMPLETELY back to the original moto ROM. so nothing left from GummyJAR, nothing deodexed.
  14. CHP

CHP New Member

I found a site with all of the apks from STOCK droid x Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com (are links allowed?) you could try dl'ing one and moving it to the sdcard and using a file manager open it and install. Am I right? this is just based off of general knowledge. I have not tried this personally.
  15. budmonster

budmonster Guest

its cool man, didnt mean to sound like a dick, just been looking for help for a long time.
  16. budmonster

budmonster Guest

@Tanium: if you flash that file gummyjar will be gone, kind of ruins the whole idea of what were trying to do.

@CHP: great site, but are those apks deodexd? i think they need to be for them to work on gummyjar. im not too knowledgeable with that stuff so someone else would have to chime in.
  17. mavermc

mavermc New Member

I second this i love using the dial pad to search my contacts, it's the one major thing i've been missing from my Windows mobile phone
  18. Tanium

Tanium New Member

Just getting grumpy in my old age I guess.
    I run all the roms.
    Gummy is rocking.
    Fast,very few bugs.
    No reboot issues.

I just see this on every rom forum.
    The devs need to make blur and non blur.

Example.
    new post pops up.
    Post 1
    Smokin blurless rom for you download here.
    Post 2
    Thanks bro,sweet, can you help me please.
    I was adding blur stuff back in because I need it.
    something went wrong.
    Do you have the zip files and a guide please.

If one was to just stay stock.
    Apply a ginger theme.
    You would be all set.
    Why run a rom that one must rebuild.
    Im just a jerk I guess.
    Sorry.
    I feel these guys need to do each.
    I know it would help so many.
  19. k1ng617

k1ng617 New Member

I would also like to know =)
  20. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Your confusing the hell out of me man, re-type that or something. Maybe I'm not understanding? If it's me please tell me?

I'll start over...I don't like stock because there is too much "BLUR", it slows my phone down and a lot of the apps/widgets I don't need. BUTTTTT! There are some Blur apps/widgets that I do want to use.

So I flashed to GummyJar ROM which is a perfect place to start fresh and add the "BLUR" apps/widgets back.

As I repeated, I didn't like the old school camera/video in GummyJar, so I found the BlurCamera.apk update zip and flashed it. I now have the new cam/video. It was simple, that's why I'm trying to do this, I can add things here and there. GJ is very easy to add and remove things.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
Search tags for this page

blur widgets apk

blurr apks