How to add BLUR APKS back to GummyJar?

B

budmonster

I like GummyJar but I need some Blur stuff back. How can I add some Blur apk back to the GummyJar rom?

For instance I don't like that stock camera/video on GummyJar so I found a file called DX_Camera(BlurCameraFromFission).zip and flashed it, I now have the blur camera and video, it flashed right over the stock ones.

I would like to add some other Blur stuff back. How can I add, say the Blur Messaging app? I know the files have to be deodexed to work on Gummyjar, so where can I can get Blur files that are already deodexed? Or should I just take the deodexed apks from other roms like apex or fission? I'm confused on how to do this.

And if I do fine the Messaging.apk or whatever its called, can I just delete the camera.apk that's currently in the DX_Camera(BlurCameraFromFission).zip and replace it with Messaging.apk and so on?

Thanks for reading my long ass ramble, Happy New Year:icon_ banana:

-BUD

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to sephtin.com he has some apks that will work for both gummy and focused since they are based off the same base

Paladin

Reaction score
I am interested in this as well. Didn't see the apks over at sephtins site. I tried using them ones from Fabs "removed apps" zip and no luck. Anyone know how to get this done?

Reaction score
I am interested in this as well. Didn't see the apks over at sephtins site. I tried using them ones from Fabs "removed apps" zip and no luck. Anyone know how to get this done?

You could try out Apex 1.3.1 ROM if you want some Blur functionality back. It's built for that and has great battery life. I switch frequently back and forth between both of them 'cause they are both excellent..:)
Here it is:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/104512-rom-apex-1-3-1-droid-x-running-running-fast-can-12-16-10-a.html

Last edited:

Paladin

Reaction score
Yeah, ran APEX for a while. Nice rom, but liking the speed out of GJ2.5 better right now. Do miss the Blur widgets tho. Hoping we can figure out how to add them. And lockscreen gestures like UD would be great too!

Goose71

Reaction score
i would like to have the phone/dialer from .340, anyone know how to get that on this rom?

grayzweb

Reaction score
Yeah, ran APEX for a while. Nice rom, but liking the speed out of GJ2.5 better right now. Do miss the Blur widgets tho. Hoping we can figure out how to add them. And lockscreen gestures like UD would be great too!

Anybody think maybe Gummy is a fast rom Because it is blurless?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

budmonster

No **** Sherlock, we know it's fast b/c its blurless. Some people would like to add back certain items, create there own ROM. GummyJar is a good base rom to start from, we just need the Blur apks.

OP
B

budmonster

Does anyone know of any other roms, besides Apex, that the APKs can be taken off of and used on the GummyJar rom?

Is there deoxed version of stock 2.2.1 out there? Or if someone could explain how to take a an apk from the stock rom and deoxed it to work on GummyJar? Any help would be much appreciated.

grayzweb

Reaction score

No **** Sherlock, we know it's fast b/c its blurless. Some people would like to add back certain items, create there own ROM. GummyJar is a good base rom to start from, we just need the Blur apks.

Sorry budmonster, I'm fairly new to this. I didn't know you can add those blur apps back and keep it faster than Apex.
I'm still learning...

Tanium

Reaction score
Just sbf the .34 system file.
All the blur will be back. Runs great to.

JkdJedi

Reaction score
I'm wondering if your just back to stock with some bits and pieces of GummyJar there. Sounds to good to be true. Are your apKs' still DEodexed? Has anyone else tried this? I might have to do this to see for myself...hmm

CHP

Reaction score
I'm wondering if your just back to stock with some bits and pieces of GummyJar there. Sounds to good to be true. Are your apKs' still DEodexed? Has anyone else tried this? I might have to do this to see for myself...hmm

this takes you COMPLETELY back to the original moto ROM. so nothing left from GummyJAR, nothing deodexed.

CHP

Reaction score
I found a site with all of the apks from STOCK droid x Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com (are links allowed?) you could try dl'ing one and moving it to the sdcard and using a file manager open it and install. Am I right? this is just based off of general knowledge. I have not tried this personally.

OP
B

budmonster

Sorry budmonster, I'm fairly new to this. I didn't know you can add those blur apps back and keep it faster than Apex.
I'm still learning...

its cool man, didnt mean to sound like a dick, just been looking for help for a long time.