How to add BLUR APKS back to GummyJar?

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by budmonster, Jan 2, 2011.

1. CHP

CHP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this takes you COMPLETELY back to the original moto ROM. so nothing left from GummyJAR, nothing deodexed.

2. CHP

CHP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found a site with all of the apks from STOCK droid x Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com (are links allowed?) you could try dl'ing one and moving it to the sdcard and using a file manager open it and install. Am I right? this is just based off of general knowledge. I have not tried this personally.

3. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    its cool man, didnt mean to sound like a dick, just been looking for help for a long time.

4. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    @Tanium: if you flash that file gummyjar will be gone, kind of ruins the whole idea of what were trying to do.

@CHP: great site, but are those apks deodexd? i think they need to be for them to work on gummyjar. im not too knowledgeable with that stuff so someone else would have to chime in.

5. mavermc

mavermc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I second this i love using the dial pad to search my contacts, it's the one major thing i've been missing from my Windows mobile phone

6. Tanium

Tanium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just getting grumpy in my old age I guess.
    I run all the roms.
    Gummy is rocking.
    Fast,very few bugs.
    No reboot issues.

I just see this on every rom forum.
    The devs need to make blur and non blur.

Example.
    new post pops up.
    Post 1
    Smokin blurless rom for you download here.
    Post 2
    Thanks bro,sweet, can you help me please.
    I was adding blur stuff back in because I need it.
    something went wrong.
    Do you have the zip files and a guide please.

If one was to just stay stock.
    Apply a ginger theme.
    You would be all set.
    Why run a rom that one must rebuild.
    Im just a jerk I guess.
    Sorry.
    I feel these guys need to do each.
    I know it would help so many.

7. k1ng617

k1ng617 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would also like to know =)

8. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your confusing the hell out of me man, re-type that or something. Maybe I'm not understanding? If it's me please tell me?

I'll start over...I don't like stock because there is too much "BLUR", it slows my phone down and a lot of the apps/widgets I don't need. BUTTTTT! There are some Blur apps/widgets that I do want to use.

So I flashed to GummyJar ROM which is a perfect place to start fresh and add the "BLUR" apps/widgets back.

As I repeated, I didn't like the old school camera/video in GummyJar, so I found the BlurCamera.apk update zip and flashed it. I now have the new cam/video. It was simple, that's why I'm trying to do this, I can add things here and there. GJ is very easy to add and remove things.

#20 budmonster, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  9. Paladin

Paladin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too just want a few pieces of Blur. Would be cool just to add what you use like on Apex. I have not even heard if that is possible yet on an ASOP rom like Gummy. So please, no more suggestions we flash back to stock. Gummy rocks and we just want to know if we can add back a few blur widgets/apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

10. nybadboy11

nybadboy11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what is blur?

11. DThomp

DThomp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. You knew this was a blurless rom when you dl'ed it.
    2, In just about every case of a blurless rom the devs state up front that it was made that way and to please not ask for it to be put back.

Saying that, if you NEED blur, Darkslide blurry is very good, also there is tranq 3.6.0 I think it is that lets you add or remove as much blur as you want.
    These guys put a lot of their spare and not so spare time into these roms and threads like this must infuriate the hell out of them, I know it would me. That's why its good to have so many different choices when it comes to a rom on a phone like this that is not completely unlocked. These things are all unique to each person and as so I would consider custom. So the moral of the story,quit yer *****in about something that was advertised as "STRIPPED DOWN AND BUILT FOR SPEED" and move on to something that suits your phone more to your needs. Flame on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. jgmarz

jgmarz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Blur messaging

Is there a way to get the blur messaging app back into gj2.5. it gives me the ability to enlarge the font on all email and mms accounts

Search tags for this page
blur widgets apk
blurr apks

how to change font style using root explrer