How many unused apps do you have?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
How many apps do you have on your phone that you don't seem to use very often?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a little over 200 apps and I think I use about thirty of them on a regular basis but the rest still serve a purpose and get used eventually.

tappin and a talkin

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I have a little over 200 apps and I think I use about thirty of them on a regular basis but the rest still serve a purpose and get used eventually.

tappin and a talkin
Quite the opposite for me, I only download apps that I need, like 4 games, some root apps, no other keyboards but stock, and a manga app. Basicly, I have virtually no apps I don't use, and my battery life speaks the truth!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

debrad0307

Reaction score
I use all of my apps... not on a daily basis though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score

tappin and a talkin
Quite the opposite for me, I only download apps that I need, like 4 games, some root apps, no other keyboards but stock, and a manga app. Basicly, I have virtually no apps I don't use, and my battery life speaks the truth!

not sure what having lots of apps has to do with bad battery life but whatev..

i have just over 110 apps and i probably use 30 or so every day. the others get used, just not as much.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

i have just over 110 apps and i probably use 30 or so every day. the others get used, just not as much.
Just look at what services are running the background, and what widgets are constantly updating, it kills your battery life pretty quickly actually.

Shelooga

Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

some apps run automatically on startup or during the course of use, so i limit what i download too, and i also can report better battery life as opposed to the old days when i had every stupid little game and tool they offer...
eh, checking though, i have 78. im sure i can delete a few of these too, virtual vuvezela, transzilla, find differences..
oh yea, this is turing into an altering my phone completely day now. thanks original post, you just dropped my work productivity to zero

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I don't use an app at least once every two weeks, I uninstall it. I install those apps when I need them and then uninstall them again. Use it or lose it!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
Why do apps that I'm NOT even using show up in the task list? Like Car Dock and music. If I'm using it yes it should be there, but if I haven't launched it why is it running?

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why do apps that I'm NOT even using show up in the task list? Like Car Dock and music. If I'm using it yes it should be there, but if I haven't launched it why is it running?

How Android Manages Processes

In Android, processes and Applications are two different things. An app can stay "running" in the background without any processes eating up your phone's resources. Android keeps the app in its memory so it launches more quickly and returns to its prior state. When your phone runs out of memory, Android will automatically start killing tasks on its own, starting with ones that you haven't used in awhile.
The problem is that Android uses RAM differently than, say, Windows. On Android, having your RAM nearly full is a good thing. It means that when you relaunch an app you've previously opened, the app launches quickly and returns to its previous state. So while Android actually uses RAM efficiently, most users see that their RAM is full and assume that's what's slowing down their phone. In reality, your CPU—which is only used by apps that are actually active—is almost always the bottleneck.

Sbeck

Reaction score
Thank you for the info!

qman66

Reaction score
Every single app I have is there because I want it to be there.no bloatware at all