How many songs do you have..

Edmvr6

Reaction score
On your Droids music player and does anyone know how many it hold more or less?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I have 822 at 3.88 GB. It will hold a various amount depending on size of SD card and bit rate of song.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
The general consensus is that a 16GB card can hold about 4000 songs. Any space used for apps, photos, or other data will reduce that number accordingly.

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
The general consensus is that a 16GB card can hold about 4000 songs. Any space used for apps, photos, or other data will reduce that number accordingly.

Got u thanks for the feed back guys

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In iTunes I have 19.7 GB of music on my Mac, and that amazes me that I can get almost all of them in my Droid is I wanted to. I don't know how much I got on there now, I have a few playlist though.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to delete about 90% of this but as of now:

~4,000 songs at just over 14G (all but about 5Gs of my total collection). But I DON'T recommend this... makes searching the card (i.e. loading song lists ect.) RIDICULOUSLY slow... Just ordered a Class 6 Card from newegg :icon_ banana: that should solve that.

When are they going to release the 32G microSDs.....

jasonb

Reaction score
i have 726 songs which in 64kbps HE-AAC (aacPlus) format is only 1.92GB.

the Droid will happily accept HE-AAC. 48kbps HE-AAC was confused by many testers as uncompressed audio. i figured i'd go one step farther and write them at 64kbps just to make sure. here is the wiki page on HE-AAC if anybody wants to read up on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Efficiency_Advanced_Audio_Coding

at first i ripped a whole bunch of music at 192kbps standard MP3 on my PS3 and quickly started realizing it didn't sound right. i then decided to give HE-AAC a shot so i ripped a test song using winamp at 64kbps. i could easily tell the difference between the two identical songs written at the different formats when doing a blind test.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

the Droid will happily accept HE-AAC. 48kbps HE-AAC was confused by many testers as uncompressed audio. i figured i'd go one step farther and write them at 64kbps just to make sure. here is the wiki page on HE-AAC if anybody wants to read up on it: High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

at first i ripped a whole bunch of music at 192kbps standard MP3 on my PS3 and quickly started realizing it didn't sound right. i then decided to give HE-AAC a shot so i ripped a test song using winamp at 64kbps. i could easily tell the difference between the two identical songs written at the different formats when doing a blind test.

Cool, I'll have to look into that. Could potentially save me about 5G of space.

jasonb

Reaction score

the Droid will happily accept HE-AAC. 48kbps HE-AAC was confused by many testers as uncompressed audio. i figured i'd go one step farther and write them at 64kbps just to make sure. here is the wiki page on HE-AAC if anybody wants to read up on it: High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool, I'll have to look into that. Could potentially save me about 5G of space.

i'd recommend it. i just did some quick math and it looks like one could get about 3,000 songs on roughly 8gb when using 64kbps HE-AAC. in my testing the HE-AAC at 64kbps sounded noticeably better than plain old 192kbps MP3. once again i'll mention i used my PS3 to rip the 192kbps MP3's, maybe the PS3's mp3 decoding is garbage. either way HE-AAC is tons more efficient and sounds CD quality to my ears.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'd recommend it. i just did some quick math and it looks like one could get about 3,000 songs on roughly 8gb when using 64kbps HE-AAC. in my testing the HE-AAC at 64kbps sounded noticeably better than plain old 192kbps MP3. once again i'll mention i used my PS3 to rip the 192kbps MP3's, maybe the PS3's mp3 decoding is garbage. either way HE-AAC is tons more efficient and sounds CD quality to my ears.

You're using WinAmp to go from MP3 to AAC? How is it now a days?? I used it in the past and really didn't care for it (but that was YEARS ago).

jasonb

Reaction score

You're using WinAmp to go from MP3 to AAC? How is it now a days?? I used it in the past and really didn't care for it (but that was YEARS ago).

nah, i am using winamp to rip store bought cd's to HE-AAC.

i have always liked winamp, i prefer it over itunes or windows media player. it still looks like the same old winamp, but they keep adding minor little details. wmp doesn't seem to support HE-AAC ripping or converting anyway.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I have over 17,000 tracks on my PC and keep rotating about 10% of that every two to three weeks on the droid.