How do you trandsfer Application to SD card?

fizband

Reaction score
does anyone know how to do this? i just found out that bionic only allows about 4gb of application data to be stored, how can i move applications to sd card? i have a 32gb, and im not planning to use it on photos and videos.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Menu, settings, applications, manage applications, open each app you want to move and select "move to SD". If the app can't be moved the button won't be available. There are also apps on the market like apps2SD that make the process a little easier.

This post is Incredible 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
But don't do it yet. There is a bug that apps installed to SD card will randomly dissapear. It's a known issue and we are awaiting a firmware update.

Not to nitpick at Fiefighters post, but its move to Medea Area, why they changed it I don't know. Move to SD card was more straightforward.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Menu, settings, applications, manage applications, open each app you want to move and select "move to SD". If the app can't be moved the button won't be available. There are also apps on the market like apps2SD that make the process a little easier.

This post is Incredible 2

there is "no" option to move it to an sd card, only to "media area"

which is not the sd card atm...

OP
F

fizband

Reaction score
Thank you All

ill wait for firmware update. and Yes phone does only allow apps to be only moved to media area, which is still part of the internal memory. phone only has 8gb of internal memory, and about less than 4gb of application storage memory. after downloading and installing about 8 games, i am encountering installation error after i download and install new programs. an error of not enough memory shows up "1" once making the first installation unsuccessful. then if you try to install the program again it will go through. but having an error like that pop up already say that the memory allocated for applications is not "enough" to hold anymore apps. and that the phone now needs to free up memory from somewhere else. they shouldn't be advertising 16gb of internal memory that is upgradable with 16-32gb of external memory if in fact that external upgrade is just for "photos and videos" , they might as well say upgradable to unusable memory. for me smart phones with 4g are basically for apps are. since you can store all pic and videos online with basically unlimited storage space, for me that is what is what 4g is for. off topic also having issues with all the blotware in the phone taking up iram space. 300mb of the advertised 1gb ram is already unusable only about 712mb is free usable ram. Pre-installed programs already take up 230+ -300+ of that 712 leaves you with only about 400+mb left. with all the unstoppable background apps running in the background your not left with much. if they are advertising 16gb internal memory then the software should show Total of 16gb of memory regardless of the preinstalled program usage. if they say 1gb ram, Total ram should total 1gb ram regardless of which program uses them. that is what we paid for that is what is should get, and that's their own monitoring software that are giving those output so anything less than what they advertised s borderline fraud. they are covered in the internal memory for as advertised for it is actually less than 16gb only more or less12 gb to be precise 8 internal + less tha 4 gb application storage.. but they never said anything about only having 712mb ram of 1gb available to me. so i think that part is borderline fraud. sorry for the rant this phone has nothing been but a headache for the past week.