How do I turn of Facebook chat on my Droid 4?

SleepysRose

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to turn off the facebook chat on my droid 4? I would great appreciate the help. I have tried what Facebook said to do and there is no place to select to turn off the chat by following what they said to do. So any ideas? Please give me step by step instructions. Thanks. This is through the Facebook app not facebook chat.

OP
SleepysRose

SleepysRose

Reaction score
The only thing at the top right is "Edit" which is to choose your favorites you chat with. and a thing for name. This is a brand new droid 4. Can you send me a picture to help guide me? I see nothing at the top right after doing what you told me to do.

OP
SleepysRose

SleepysRose

Reaction score
This is no "Chat Availibity" to uncheck. I have the following : Refresh INterval, Messenger Location Services, Notifications, Vibrate, Phone LED, Notification ringtone, Wall Posts, Messages, Comments, Friend requests, Friend confirmations, Photo tags, Event invites, application requests, Groups and sync contacts. That's it. So now what?

OP
SleepysRose

SleepysRose

Reaction score
Okay figured it out. 1) Go into facebook. 2)Next click on the button with four bars at the bottom left of your droid next to the home one. 3)Choose settings and uncheck chat availability. Hope what I found out helps others.

anki Jaish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy 3
SleepyRose I checked its not working. I better use my chat apps Photo4tune for chatting. ANy how with FB chat doesn't have much features.