How do i separate Pictures and Videos in the gallery help!!!

Fumble

Reaction score
How do i separate Pictures and Videos in the gallery help!!!
I want them in separate icons not all in one folder when i make a video or take a picture. I want it so when i take pictures it goes to picture folder and when i take a video it goes to the video folder.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked closely but I'm not sure that option is available in the new organization of the gallery in 2.1. You do realize, I assume, that videos are identifiable by the ">" icon in each picture.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Use astro file manager or connect to your pc, create a new folder called videos, move your videos there. I believe you can set the camera to ask you where to store pics, but I could be wrong there.

You can also organize pics into folders this way. I have one that's just me, one that's friends and family, and etc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

deekayjones

Reaction score
How do you do this?

How do you make seperate folders for pictures? I cant figure this out

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How do you make seperate folders for pictures? I cant figure this out

Using Astro, you click menu, new, directory. Then, select the name you want to use for the folder. After that, cut and paste (move) using the edit menu to put the pictures you want in each folder. If you have a lot to move, you can select multi at the top and then select multiple pictures.

On you PC, with the Droid connected, navigate to the Droid, decide where to put the folder, right-click, new, folder, type a name, then move the pics.

Questions? :D

gszeman

Reaction score
I have a semi related question...when I open my gallery I see everything...pics, icons that I loaded, videos that I loaded. The videos are in sdcard/videos, the icons are in sdcard/icons...but when I open the gallery I can see all of them...any way to only see the pics when I open the gallery?

Thanks,
Glenn

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Swype.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glen, within the folders that your icons are in, create a new file and name it .nomedia

That will tell the gallery and music players that there's nothing there for them. I just copy and paste mine from the Beautiful Widgets skins, but I think all that matters is the name .nomedia

gszeman

Reaction score
Glen, within the folders that your icons are in, create a new file and name it .nomedia

That will tell the gallery and music players that there's nothing there for them. I just copy and paste mine from the Beautiful Widgets skins, but I think all that matters is the name .nomedia

Worked great JK! Thank you!

Ghostwheel

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. Is a separate .nomedia needed in each subfolder if the parent folder has one?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks for the tip. Is a separate .nomedia needed in each subfolder if the parent folder has one?

I would think having it only in the parent folder would work since that would tell the phone there's no media to be used in that folder, but never tried it...