Why so many galleries?

TommyMac501

Reaction score
Why does the droid have so many galleries/folders for media? I have; 'camera pictures', 'camera videos', 'camera media', 'all pictures', 'all videos', 'my_pix', 'my_flix', and a host of other album covers and podcast cover folders as well. All of them contain the same pictures and vids more or less. I assume they are all cross linked, so if I kill one folder, the pics in there will be killed in the other folders as well which I don't want to do.

Is there a way to organize all this media into a simple 'pictures' and 'videos' folder arrangement?

cuskit

Reaction score
Why does the droid have so many galleries/folders for media? I have; 'camera pictures', 'camera videos', 'camera media', 'all pictures', 'all videos', 'my_pix', 'my_flix', and a host of other album covers and podcast cover folders as well. All of them contain the same pictures and vids more or less. I assume they are all cross linked, so if I kill one folder, the pics in there will be killed in the other folders as well which I don't want to do.

Is there a way to organize all this media into a simple 'pictures' and 'videos' folder arrangement?
Good question - this has puzzled me also. And I've been afraid to delete some of those duplicate folders for the same reason.

PUSH.

Hoping for a good answer! :)

cuskit

snooze

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with Evernote, I solved (i think) by placing a '.nomedia' (basically a blank file with no extension) file in the Evernote folder on the sd card. This prevented the gallery from pulling files from within this folder.

JayMonster

Reaction score
These are not "duplicates" they are simply "views" of the same data. Camera Pictuers is just that... pictures taken by the Droid... it is a subset or quick view of just those items, same is true for Videos. All pictures is just that... everything. They are not duplicates, they do not take up any more space, they are just a quick way to see a subset of pictures in your gallery.

What would be nice would be if the Droid gave you an option to include (or not include) certain folders and such so that album covers, Podcast pics, etc would not be included in your gallery since you almost certainly may not want certain things to show up.

crspang

Reaction score
It would be really nice if there were a decent picture viewing app for this thing too! I must admit that I am totally disappointed with the stock gallery app. I haven't been able to find a good one in the market.

shamus

Reaction score
I've only found one useful tool for the gallery but unfortunately it's just an add on.
I also despise the way the gallery was sorted and how every picture I had would be listed.
But there's an app called photo vault that lets you hide certain pics. It completely removes them from the gallery once hidden.