How do I save ringtones as notification sounds too?

kdw11005

Reaction score
I have posted this before but couldn't get it to work. I have approx 60 ringtones and 5 of them (somehow) saved as notification tones. I would like to be able to save any ringtones I chose as notification sounds but I don't know how and I don't know how the 5 I have managed to save that way.
I have Astro and someone told me how to setup a notifications file in there and I did but I don't know how to save things to that file specifically (how to transfer them from where they are in Astro to notification file). Is there an easier way to do this? If any one can help me could you please tyoe it step by step, as I said, not real sure how to do this stuff. Thank you :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you use your own mp3 files to make ringtones, and everybody should just so you don't waste money, there is an app called ringdroid. Very simple app and easy to set up all your notifications.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
Thank you so much hookbill!!!! I love ringdroid and it is so easy to use and quick! I'm going to tell all my friends about this app! Thank you again!!!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are apps to do this but I just stick ringtones in the Ringtones folder on my SD card and notificiation tones in the Notifications folder on my SD card (and alarms in the Alarms folder on my SD card).