How do I root a ZTE Maven 2

dsscottage

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE Maven 2
I have searched the net and this form regarding the lack of storage on the Maven 2 and potential solutions.It seems that I am not alone.

The AT&T rep in the AT&T form advises against rooting but doesn't provide a useful alternative to the lack of storage.

I have disabled all unnecessary AT&T bloatware apps. This disables them but doesn't remove them to free up storage.

I have searched for rooting instructions and am left a little confused. I tried to use Kingo Root but it didn't work. Some forum posts indicate that it is not possible to root this phone but other sites advertise that their software will successfully root it. However, other feedback forums warn about malware being included in these apps.

Therefore, my question....

Has anyone found a successful way to root the phone so that the AT&T can be rooted.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. I'm not familiar with this phone not sure we have any members with this phone... I did a quick search on XDA as they usually have development threads might want to take a look... Is your model Z831?

ZTE Maven

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
D

dsscottage

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE Maven 2
Welcome to the forum.. I'm not familiar with this phone not sure we have any members with this phone... I did a quick search on XDA as they usually have development threads might want to take a look... Is your model Z831?

ZTE Maven

Sent using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply.

Yes. My phone is an AT&T ZTE Maven 2 model Z831. I have unlocked the phone and am using it on the Rogers network. I like the phone but it is full of AT&T bloatware and storage is over 90% full and an upgrade will not install because of lack of memory. I've disabled all the bloatware but that doesn't remove it from storage and it can't be uninstalled without rooting.

I did look on XDA (as well as many other locations) and there were 2 related posts, one claiming that their phone was rooted using KingRoot. I've tried Kingo Root which didn't work and KingRoot which seems to progress but gets stuck at 35%.

I'm hoping that someone can lead me in the right direction so that this phone can be useful.