How do I reinstall the Droid Market App

melsdroid

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. I think that I accidentally deleted the Market app...can someone please tell me how to reinstall it??

Thanks!

scubieman

Reaction score
What phone you using?

Did you just remove it from the home screen or from phone?

If just from home screen go under the list of apps on phone and long press app then move to your home screen.

OP
M

melsdroid

Reaction score
Droid x. And it is not on the phone. When you go to manage apps, it is not there

scubieman

Reaction score
To second boostedhonda

once you have the APK on phone you can use the app called "files" should be preinstalled. If you download over the air to droid x it should automatically start installing.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Here is the actual market apk. Download the file i attached. it will be named vending.zip rename it vending.apk on your phone and install it.

Attachments

• Vending.zip
    764.1 KB · Views: 675
OP
M

melsdroid

Reaction score
I tried downloading it but it didn't work. It said that the content wasn't supported by my phone.
Any other suggestions?

scubieman

Reaction score
If you have computer available. You can put droidx in mass storage mode then download with computer rename and move to sd card. Then open with "files" app.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if your phone isnt rooted you wont be able to install this properly. you probably lost this when you did the 2.2 update, correct? a factory reset should fix this.

scubieman

Reaction score
if your phone isnt rooted you wont be able to install this properly. you probably lost this when you did the 2.2 update, correct? a factory reset should fix this.

How come he won't be able to install this? Or does permissions block this type of changes?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
because it needs to be a system app and not having root wont allow you to install as such