how do I get rid of unlock button while I'm on a call?

mychatposts

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Seriously, this is the most insanely annoying addition to Android in marshmallow.
When I'm making a call now, I have to swipe unlock to use the keypad. "swipe unlock icon to use call options"
I want this off my phone.
Can someone please help me turn this off? It makes me want to throw my phone out the window.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum. What model phone do you have?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mychatposts

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
LG G4. It was fine until I was prompted for the marshmallow update, which was a disaster. Half my apps won't work, google store died, the accelerometer won't work, compasses don't work, but the single most irritating thing is that every time I need to answer a call or use the keypad i have to swipe these 'unlock icons' which drive me absolutely insane, especially when I have to follow keypad prompts for information from customer service companies or even voice mail.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Strange. I'm sure that is frustrating. My Turbo 2 is not like that on Marshmallow. If I am on a call and the screen goes dark, a simple tap on the Power button wakes it and I do not have to swipe, or any other form of unlocking. It opens right back up to the phone screen. I assume you have been all through the Display and Phone Settings, and don't see any options for this? Maybe someone else with an LG on Marshmallow will chime in.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't have that with marshmallow either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If Mustang doesn't have it with a Nexus then odds are it was not intended behavior by Google. Now the question is: is this an LG feature? An LG bug? Or, does your phone need a FDR and start over fresh & clean? A Factory Reset (FDR) may clear it up and it works good again, or it may linger if it's a bug in the LG Marshmallow version. If you are not familiar with the FDR process, it erases all user data (pics, music, files) so please back up all user data first, if you do go that route.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If Mustang doesn't have it with a Nexus then odds are it was not intended behavior by Google. Now the question is: is this an LG feature? An LG bug? Or, does your phone need a FDR and start over fresh & clean? A Factory Reset (FDR) may clear it up and it works good again, or it may linger if it's a bug in the LG Marshmallow version. If you are not familiar with the FDR process, it erases all user data (pics, music, files) so please back up all user data first, if you do go that route.

I checked both the 5x and 6p. Can't replicate this behavior.

I wonder if it's a setting for the LG.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check your phone settings, lock screen settings and display settings. On my old Inc 1 you could enable/disable the lock screen during a call under call settings
Edit. A quick search of another forum stated some have found the ability to change it under Accessibility on other model phones.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

AvMan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-H811
Anybody figure this out yet? My LG-H811 (T-Mo LG G4 stated doing exactly the same thing, about the same time. Been searching for months for an answer.
Tmo removed many of the settings that stock android has... No lock toggle under calls.
This really sucks. Any help would make my day.

boomboom9

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG K4
I have the same issue on my LG K4, it only appears when I am either making or receiving calls and looks like this >Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet , (swipe unlock icon to use call options) even when you swipe "unlock" it only lasts a few seconds, making it useless for when you need to use the number pad rather frustrating when I want to end call on my end.

does anyone know of a solution? I cant seem to find anything online for a fix. I have no locks set on my phone and have been through all options without any change.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Seems to be an LG issue only, since no one else seems to mention it on other phone model threads. The only info i found with an Internet search was for LG G4 phones.

eileenmarshall

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG K4
i don´t know how you get rid of this lock screen. It drives me insane and i am taking my phone back to the shop and getting a different make.

boomboom9

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG K4
Isn't it just! I am hoping it changes in the next update :eek:

borntolaze

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG K4
I have the same issue on my LG K4, it only appears when I am either making or receiving calls and looks like this >Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet , (swipe unlock icon to use call options) even when you swipe "unlock" it only lasts a few seconds, making it useless for when you need to use the number pad rather frustrating when I want to end call on my end.

does anyone know of a solution? I cant seem to find anything online for a fix. I have no locks set on my phone and have been through all options without any change.

Hi did you find an answer to this in the end as I have the same phone and problem?...SO frustrating!! I contacted LG and got this response:

I have looked into this for you, and unfortunately we are unable to remove this feature. The lock screen appears to prevent any mis-dialing while the user is in a call. I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Kind Regards,
Jade
Customer Support Team
LG Electronics UK Help Desk

So no help there then!!