How do I disable the "droid" startup sound?

chilipepperpizza

Reaction score
I just bought a droid x2 and I would like to know how to disable the 'droid' sound it makes upon startup. I don't want to annoy/bother myself and the people around me every time I turn on my phone.

I've tried looking around all the settings, having the phone in silent mode, and multiple apps that advertised 'silent boot' but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how can I get rid of that sound?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Sorry, I don't think there is a way, unless maybe you root it. When I know my phone will make a sound I don't want to hear or annoy those around me, I just hold my finger over the speaker in the back. That is the only work around I can think of. ;)

OP
C

chilipepperpizza

Reaction score
Hmm yeah i suppose just covering up the speaker will have to do.. I don't have a problem rooting my phone if it's an easy fix. But it doesn't seem like it.. Oh well, thanks

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your ringer volume is turned off when you shutdown the phone, NO droid sound will be heard when powering on the device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

chilipepperpizza

Reaction score
Ive tried that too. Even if the phone the ringer volume is all the way down and in silent mode it still plays the "droid" sound once upon startup.. when the 'droid' logo appears

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My X never made the sound when it was on silent mode...

sent from my ApeX

montiff

Reaction score
this is driving me nuts too. Seriously missing my iphone more and more.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
You can try rooting then change it to whatever logo/animation you want and don't have to do deal with the sound and you get to customize it a little

Sent From A Modded X

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Search around for boot logos/animations to see which you like they should contain install instructions too

Sent From A Modded X

elizak

Reaction score
droid sound...ig

I was wondering the same thing.i have a sound toggle widget and will try turning the incall sound off too.have my phone on silent mode with all media sounds silenced as well as ring volume and the stupid pointless droid still comes out of the phone when i turn it on.maybe i'll search other websites for an answer...not rooting my phone

blarg

Reaction score
won't disable the wirring clicking durring the eye animation but WILL disable the "DROIIID"

- disable SD card notification under sounds. the DROOOOIIID sound is played when the SD card is prepared. If your phone is plugged into USB/computer it may still play if you have USB debugging turned on.