1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No "Droid" sound on phone startup.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Mugenakuma, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Mugenakuma

Mugenakuma New Member

Recently my phone doesn't make that "Droid" voice sound when starting up. Now it just makes a generic ringing noise. I've reset the phone multiple times, made sure the sound was on before shutting it down, but it still doesn't make that "Droid" voice sound on startup. I kinda liked it and would love to get it back. Anyone know how to fix this? I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Mine doesn't make the Droid sound anymore either. Maybe it's 2.0.1? I still get my alerts with "Droid."
  3. uscjoel

uscjoel New Member

I've noticed that mine doesn't say it anymore either.
  4. lockman

lockman New Member

Mmmkay, guess I wasn't imagining that it ever did it, then. Cool.
  5. thebourbonnflip

thebourbonnflip New Member

ok im guessing the problem is that you unchecked the SD card notification.cause ive noticed that when u turn on the phone. after the red droid eye, look at the notification panel and the SD card is getting set up...but thats my guess. just make sure the sd card notification is checked or something
  6. muchgreater09

muchgreater09 New Member

yeah its the sd card notification. if you have one installed and your uninstall it then install it it should make the droid noise
  7. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

The OP said they are getting a generic ringing noise rather than the Droid sound so they don't have it turned off. OP - Sounds like you changed your default Notification sound. That is the sound used at startup.
  8. 640k

640k New Member

the default notification sound would be what would cause the sound to be different, but the absence of a sound when starting the phone is a result of turning off the SD notification feature.

mounting your SD card will produce the same sound as powering on your phone.
  9. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Anybody know how to change that sound?

Or better yet.. how to add more sounds to the notification choices?

Seems the phone is write protected preventing a mere pasting of sounds to the file.. even if they are converted to ".ogg"

---EDIT.. forget that last question...

Ringdroid saved the day!
    the only app I know of that can add notification sounds as well as ringtones, Alarm, or music.. swaaweeet!

I always missed it before because the "save" icon didn't give any hints that it also did the rest.
    Once you hit save, you can also choose the "type" in the top selection box

------------

I have recently discovered that custom notification tones created by ringdroid wont work for sd notification or phone startup "same thing"
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  10. jameyhowell73

jameyhowell73 New Member

Thank you fellow Droiders ! About 3 weeks ago or more I called Verizon because all of a sudden my phone was making a strange ringtone sound when powering off and on. I don't like any noises when turning on and off my phone. They walked me thru a couple steps and the last one was to reset my phone <<<this means removing ALL my cool and helpful apps. The guy from V said that usually all the apps come back... YEAH, my ass! I had to go find all the apps I had. I didn't pay for any of ones that I had already purchased but if I would have found THIS thread before I did that it would have saved me bigtime.

Anyway, now with unchecking the sd notification sound my phone is silent when turning off and on. Somehow that notification got checked on... probably when 2.0 came out or something, not sure. I always feel like I'm somehow being watched just by owning this phone anyway... hhehe. Thanks again !

Great apps I have: pro zoom 5x, virtual recorder, bitwords, skyfire(when the flash actually works), xscope for everything else, astrofile, beautiful widgets, fastbright, TasKiller <must must have, google skymap, google translator, newsy, ringdroid, wikimobile, fring and movies.

Any suggestions to replace any of these? Other apps I'm not aware of that work well ? Thanks !
  11. jahames

jahames New Member

Mine won't make the Droid sound on startup when I turn sound off beforehand which would make sense of course.
Search tags for this page
android razr doesn't say droid when turned on
droid 2 change the noise when phone turns on
how to get incredible 2 to say droid when turned on
how to make a droid phone say droid
how to make this phone say droid on power up
how to stop droid from saying droid when powering on
how to stop droid razr from saying droid at start
how to stop phone saying droid at start up
make my galaxy s3 say droid
make my phone say droid
my droid doesn't make any sound