How do I Clear Cache Partition without doing a Factory Reset???

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
OK, When I try and boot up into Hboot, the Hboot screen shows up for a second and then it blows right by it. It the loads the PH98IMG.zip file. After that it has a long list of options but the only one I can choose is "start update" Vol up = yes and Vol down = no. What update are they talking about? If I choose NO the the only option I have then is "reboot" and it boots up normally.

Last edited:

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Remove the PH98IMG.zip file from your SD card then retry.

Natey2

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is the difference between wiping cache in recovery vs using an app from the market?

Cache cleaner app from market deletes app cache(s).
Deleting cache in Recovery deletes the Dalvik (system) cache.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Cache doesn't clean dalvik. You need a custom recovery for that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Bpowder33

Reaction score
So recovery cache wipe will include system apps as well as downloaded apps then is the difference correct?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yes, recovery cache wipe will clear the entire phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dorrisant

Reaction score
I'm calling bs here. I just got off the phone with HTC... they have no real fix for this and it doesn't seem they care either. They have taken the lazy route. Their solution is to download a third party app. I have tried the instructions from the first page numerous times with no change... 401 unauthorized. Even the HTC tech said they could not get Yahoo accounts to work on their personal phone. I asked to be put on a list to be notified when they did come up with a fix and they would not do it.
I will never buy another HTC phone ever... I have to deal with this bs for the remainder of my two year contract. The phone does not work as advertised and HTC doesn't care. How is that for customer service?

Pissed,
Tony

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm calling bs here. I just got off the phone with HTC... they have no real fix for this and it doesn't seem they care either. They have taken the lazy route. Their solution is to download a third party app. I have tried the instructions from the first page numerous times with no change... 401 unauthorized. Even the HTC tech said they could not get Yahoo accounts to work on their personal phone. I asked to be put on a list to be notified when they did come up with a fix and they would not do it.
I will never buy another HTC phone ever... I have to deal with this bs for the remainder of my two year contract. The phone does not work as advertised and HTC doesn't care. How is that for customer service?

Pissed,
Tony

What was the problem? Is this even the proper thread? If you're trying to clear cache then you can go into stock recovery and clear cache. However and unlocked/rooted phone still holds your best options as AmonRa(custom recovery partition) does the most thorough job.

dorrisant

Reaction score
What was the problem? Is this even the proper thread? If you're trying to clear cache then you can go into stock recovery and clear cache. However and unlocked/rooted phone still holds your best options as AmonRa(custom recovery partition) does the most thorough job.

Problem is my yahoo account will not work on the stock messaging app. It did work until I had to change the password for that account. Now I get the 401 error.

Where can I find the instructions for rooting this phone? HTC DROID DNA.

Tony

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
At the top of the page, click the Droid DNA icon. HTC has always had issues with Yahoo Mail. Try using the Yahoo Mail app if that's an option for you.