How Do I Change the Gallery App Start Picture

robt_strong

Reaction score
How Do I Change the Gallery App Start Picture?

When I first got my Motorola Droid 3, I took a "junk" photo, and now it is the pic shown when I first start the app. I just want that pic gone!

(Searching with the keywords: Gallery App Start Picture, has not got a wiff of an answer.)

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Go to settings>applications>manage apps. Find the gallery>click it>clear cache. Should fix it, but it will have to rebuild thumbnails so it may take a few reboots to fully rebuild the cache.

OP
R

robt_strong

Reaction score
CDJ,
When I get to the Gallery settings screen, the [Clear cache] control is grayed out and non-responsive. (I have not "rooted" my phone, and am too new to be willing to try at this point.) Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

mikedyk43

Reaction score
CDJ,
When I get to the Gallery settings screen, the [Clear cache] control is grayed out and non-responsive. (I have not "rooted" my phone, and am too new to be willing to try at this point.) Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

Can't you just delete the picture? If the picture has been deleted, it is not the cache you need to clear it is the data. Settings/apps/gallery press the clear data button. If you don't want to delete it, you can just rename it. Camera pics are usually named numerical values and thus show up first in order. Name it something that starts with a letter, clear your gallery data and it will be moved to it's place alphabetically.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Abandon the stock gallery for Quickpic or some other gallery app.