What did they do to gallery?

duckworth

Reaction score
What did Motorola do to they gallery app? Opening gallery displays other peoples pictures from facebook? Why the hell would I want that? Now there are small buttons for camera roll and library. Ugh. Is there any way to have a shortcut directly to my pictures? Or an alternative Gallery, preferably the stock one?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I pulled the Gallery3D app from my D1 and installed and it runs fine. :)

one thing once you install you'll have to accept the permissions for it, you'll get 2 notifications for permissions that you'll have to click on and hit accept, defiantly better than the stock Gallery dancedroid

What did Motorola do to they gallery app? Opening gallery displays other peoples pictures from facebook? Why the hell would I want that? Now there are small buttons for camera roll and library. Ugh. Is there any way to have a shortcut directly to my pictures? Or an alternative Gallery, preferably the stock one?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
Is it possible for you post a leak for the 3d gallery app?

Sent from my Droid Bionic!

malaka

Reaction score
i dont like the camera ui either...i wish i could take the one from the droid charge...for some reason the pic quality on my d3 is hit or miss

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
No problem man!

Thanks a million! Looks sweet!

Sent from my Droid Bionic!

I used my camera to take about 10 shots yesterday and they all came out clear? Try messing with the settings, make sure you have the quality all the way up, same with camcorder, I haven't seen any quality issues yet for me, but I only used it for around 10 shots.

i dont like the camera ui either...i wish i could take the one from the droid charge...for some reason the pic quality on my d3 is hit or miss

malaka

Reaction score
yeah i did i probably took like 200 pictures...ranging from lower quality all the way up to the 8mp...the camcorder is great FFC and the 1080hd video...for some reason tho there was something off with the focus on the majority of still shots i took...ill keep playing with it til it fixes itself or we get an update...

im hoping to get this thing unlocked soon enough i just dont even know where to begin...i think its crazy that AOSP is being restricted by moto...if i had a computer that came with vista and microsoft said that if i tried to install linux or windows 7 theyd fry out my motherboard there would be a bunch of lawsuits or at the very least a lack of customers...wish i knew what was goin thru their minds sometimes

MECHANO

Reaction score
I'm very pleased with the camera and camcorder, pics and movies look fantastic... not to start anything, but people go on and on about how great the iphone camera is, and my friend was over with his iphone yesterday. The d3 camera was smoking his... his pics looked like $h!t...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

haproot

Reaction score
Yep I pulled Gallery 3d from the market, works WAYYY better. Zooming in on pics is smooth like I would expect on a device like this. The built in gallery is pure crap, what yoser made that decision?

Now if only i could get my camera to automatically pull up Gallery 3d instead of the built in one after taking a pic and tapping on the preview in the corner.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Woody thanks for the idea of using the gallery3D apk, never would have thought of it. Also thanks for posting it, saved me the trouble of pulling it off the Droid.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks woody for the 3D gallery app, didn't think of ever getting a new one! I always just stayed with stock.

OP
D

duckworth

Reaction score
Just installed Gallery 3d as well. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks.