How do I back to stock?

Raider101

Reaction score
I currently have rom gummyjar! Running but I want to back to stock? Or if I could change to another custom rom how do I go by doin so!" Plz help!!" Oh yeah West up!"" My nucCAs!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Raider... if you made a back up of stock all you have to do is boot into recovery, mount the system, then go to backup and restore and select your stock ROM nandroid. If you failed to make a back up your only option is to use RSDlite and the 2.3.340 system only SBF to get back to stock...

Now on to any other ROM. Well find the one you want and download it to your SD card. Move it to the root of your card. Boot into recovery, mount the system (now comes the important stuff) do a cache wipe and a data reset. Now you can select to apply a .zip from the SD card. Find the new ROM and install. Now you can reboot and your new ROM should be running.

Reaction score
Actually the system only SBF only covers the system partion. If you want to be completely stock like coming from verizon then you will need to full SBF the 2.3.320 file THEN flash the system only to come up to date.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

KHeeney5

Reaction score
And if you want to run another ROM, (Honestly ApeX is almost close to stock with a few customizations), just boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, and install the ROM from the .zip.

Doodles01

Reaction score
before I installed Darkslide I had downloaded and configured some apps such as Cardstar. Is there a way to get it back?

Twitchy

Reaction score
Actually the system only SBF only covers the system partion. If you want to be completely stock like coming from verizon then you will need to full SBF the 2.3.320 file THEN flash the system only to come up to date.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

not that I want to go back, but I got ahead of myself in my excitement and did not get a backup. Where can I get the SBF file to do this so I can have it on my computer.

OP
Raider101

Raider101

Reaction score
I think I did on rom manager? Where it said back up current rom before I changed to gummyjar? I like gummyjar just wanted a cool theme on my phone know of any?

Reaction score
Instead of doing an SBF, you can get back to unrooted stock form with the maderstcok.zip file as long as you have at least system version 2.3.15 and can get into clockwork. Much quicker and easier than an SBF if those two conditions are met.

Having said that, both of these are Nuclear options should something go horribly wrong, or you want to be completely stock again, not just to change ROM's or Themes..Either way, you will have to re-setup everything just like when you took the new phone out of the box. You have been warned.

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, SBF is the ONLY way to become completely stock. There is no .zip file you can apply in recovery to become equivalent to the 2.3.320 SBF. The SBF even re-flashes the recovery itself. To who asked where to get it, just search "MyDroidWorld 2.3.320 Complete Droid X SBF"...don't know if I can get in trouble for linking to an SBF so just to be safe :D. As for the 2.3.340 System SBF, another like Google search will send you in the right direction. Good Luck!

KHeeney5

Reaction score
You don't necessarily need the 2.3.340 sbf, just do an OTA update.

Like I said earlier, SBF is the ONLY way to become completely stock. There is no .zip file you can apply in recovery to become equivalent to the 2.3.320 SBF. The SBF even re-flashes the recovery itself. To who asked where to get it, just search "MyDroidWorld 2.3.320 Complete Droid X SBF"...don't know if I can get in trouble for linking to an SBF so just to be safe :D. As for the 2.3.340 System SBF, another like Google search will send you in the right direction. Good Luck!

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, SBF is the ONLY way to become completely stock. There is no .zip file you can apply in recovery to become equivalent to the 2.3.320 SBF...

I disagree. And I quote from Maderschramm's post: "This is the FULL, OTA 2.3.340 - contains radio, kernel, and all other updates, even those EXCLUDED by the 2.3.340 system only sbf.

What that means is that if you have 2.3.15, 2.3.151, or 2.3.320 you're one update.zip away from the OTA 2.3.340 "

This will get you to unrooted/stock form without having to SBF. I've done it several times to test the settings and it works flawlessly. The only 2 things you need are to be on at least the 2.3.15 sys ver., and be able to get into clockwork. 5 minutes and you're done.

The full thread is here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html#post1149917