How Close did UD 8 come to REALLY bricking my Droid?

jville95

Reaction score
Bricking this phone us damn near impossible. Keep trying, I would.

The first time I flashed my D1, I thought I got hung up in RSD Lite and unplugged the dagum thing(when the instructions SPECIFICALLY said not to). Was scared ishless but luckily, no brick! :)

SN: I dont even know if you can brick your phone using RSD. Is that even possible?

warrior21

Reaction score
Just about every time I reflash a nandroid (or a new ROM after wiping) I get the 1969/no service. 30 seconds later my phone is 3G and happy. Maybe check your baseband and install the newest one ( i know they can be found on Pete's website)

Good luck!

Happens to me most of the time also. As soon as the phone is completely booted up it goes away, no big deal.

D

dazedabyss

try using just astro for your app backups, I use titanium and astro, if i want all my user data + apps i use titanium. if i just want to restore my apps fresh i use astro so no user settings from a different rom find their way on my d1dancedroid

illmatic636

Reaction score
This is what the title to this thread should be.

How close "I" came to bricking my Droid Playing with the advanced settings in UD 8.

Your the one that almost bricked your phone, not the Rom.

Glad you fixed it though.

I did notice that changing the Phone app does disable your Radio. It could be that you rebooted to soon after applying the Cytown Dialer/Stock dialer.
As you may see, when changing these, your radio signal gets disconnected temporarily.