Return to UD....

Scott_T

Reaction score
Been away from UD for quite a while...Had been running a jrummy remix of CM and although it was working pretty sweet, it was an early froyo and I thought it was time to check out something more modern.

Seems jrummy has disappeared, and I know before that, I loved UD, I think it was around ver8 where I dropped off....

In anycase I have some questions...

1. I seem to remember that we could not use clockwork on UD way back when...Is that still true. I did backup UD3.2 with clockwork just now and it seemed ok, have not restored from it yet though...Any advise there appreciated. I've been backing up through rom manager BTW.

2. I am in process of installing chevy's OC kernel...Is that recommended? I forget the others I used in the past other then they were low voltage 1.2 7 slots I believe...

What I find kind of frustrating is that it is not only hard to keep up on all the rom stuff, there is no sticky, or I missed it like a bonehead, answering basic questions, like sprecover vs clockwork....Which oc kernal to use here in the UD forum, which last I used UD was closed and locked on this site, nice to see it back....What I am saying to the UD folks is that if a rom is solid, I plan to use it for a good while. It sucks to have to relearn everything with no easy sticky post to get me up to speed quickly. It made me want to stay with jrummy's rom....

Well thanks and I hope this version of UD is like the old ones I remember....

Regards,
Scott

OP
S

Scott_T

Reaction score
One other question....Wireless tether does not seem to be built in....Is there a link to a recommended install?

Also BTW, Chevy's OC kernel worked fine...Or at least seems to be ATM....

So far nice rom, but have not really pushed it yet...

Regards,
Scott