how can Imake a screenshot on my samsung galaxy?

Batman8

Reaction score
The "Power" + "Home" button does NOT work for taking screenshots on my S3. The palm swipe is cool, but it can be a headache when swiping the screen because sometimes that's how you select the next photo in some apps, so now you end up taking a picture that is in motion and therefore only captures half the image. A button option would be better since the picture wouldn't move then. Also in some apps, if you touch the screen (even slightly) it will bring up the magnification buttons on screen, and normally you don't want that to be in you picture either when swiping.

Does anyone know of a real button combination that actually does work on the S3 for taking screenshots or know of a good screen capturing app that will work in the background?

Semaj

Reaction score
Hold the power and home buttons simultaneously for almost a second and you should get the screen shot

Batman8

Reaction score
Hold the power and home buttons simultaneously for almost a second and you should get the screen shot

Yeah, you're right Semaj. I just wasn't pressing the two buttons hard enough so it was either bringing up the task manager, or asking if I wanted to power off the phone. Now I can see that this feature works GREAT!

I just fell even more in love with my S3! I sometimes even kiss it goodnight in the evenings and tuck it in for the night (after doing the same for my wife FIRST of course). ;)