How are you enjoying the underdog LG2?

spect2owner

Reaction score
I am speaking from the perspective of someone who upgraded from the original Droid Inc. I thought about the Galaxy SIII and Nokia but overall very thrilled with my choice. I love the speed and features of this phone and it $99 minus my rebate it was a no brainer. So what do you like and are not so found of about your phone?

BigCTM

Reaction score
I have owned this phone for a week and it's definitely the best Android phone I have ever used. The main reason is the reception. By far the best reception I have ever seen with an Android phone...It keeps 4G at my house and not even the Motorolas could do that with their great radios. It is fast and has a great screen. The delivered themes (especially the Thor one) are great. Plus it has a removable battery and micro sd expansion. LG will probably not sell too many of these but I highly recommend it. I cannot think of an Android phone I have liked better and I have owned the Galaxy Nexus, the S3, the Rezound, the Razr and the Razr M.

asianflavor

Reaction score
I have only had this phone for 3 hours and I'm in love with this phone. I'm coming from the Rezound and this is such a better phone. To me, this is running CM9 lite. It has some great feature like battery percentage, lockscreen customization, and still finding more little tweaks. I would love to see Jelly Bean on this, but as of right now, what a phenomenal phone!!!

tooter1

Reaction score
I'm liking this phone too. Some things I don't care for but, that has been almost every phone I've had.

Does anyone know how to get the App Drawer to show all apps in alphabetical order?

tooter1

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be away unless you get a different launcher from the play store

That's what I thought. I tap the menu button while in the drawer and hit alphabetical and it only does it to the factory installed apps.

That's 1 thing I don't like.

smkunder

Reaction score
I too am very happy, had this phone a little over a week now and it does everything I want. It seems that many think this phone is a poor choice, but I have not seen why, so far. Maybe time will tell, but so far no complaints. Would like to see Jellybean.

Reaction score
I too am very happy, had this phone a little over a week now and it does everything I want. It seems that many think this phone is a poor choice, but I have not seen why, so far. Maybe time will tell, but so far no complaints. Would like to see Jellybean.

I also find it to be a nice phone. Beautiful screen "still missing my Amoled :'(". I do however feel in many ways it was a slap together. It's standby can eat battery like crazy. Obviously HD scream, strong chip, and running services will do this...but there is an overall lack of optimization. It can get a little stuttery too. Locked bootleggers and no roms is not the greatest either. But with some TLC and root its a lovely little machine. Though I wanted the S3 I'm very pleased to try a broader spectrum "hehe" and be on the early boat of us Rom flashing which feels like we might be days or weeks from. Hopefully LG releases a very improved JB update....ps first post xD

dhungman

Reaction score
I am speaking from the perspective of someone who upgraded from the original Droid Inc. I thought about the Galaxy SIII and Nokia but overall very thrilled with my choice. I love the speed and features of this phone and it $99 minus my rebate it was a no brainer. So what do you like and are not so found of about your phone?

after using the phone for one week, here is the Pro and Con
Pro:
1. large screen
2. very bright (vs XT912)
3. IE has seperate Brightness settings
4. Allow to set max Brightness range
5. Removable battery
6. Micro SD slot
7. Fast processor
8. very loud speaker
9. has GSM, and can be used on T-mobile and AT&T

Con
1. small camera sensor, e.g. low light condition is not good (vs XT912)
2. Auto brightness is not working properly
3. Although it has 1GB RAM, however, system holds a lot of memory like 350 MB, only 644MB available, therefore, after open several apps, the memory may running low and cause freeze. (my XT912 also has 1 GB RAM, but 8xx MB is available)
NOTE: I notice a lot of the reviews mentioned, slow/freeze when using LG Spectrum 2, this may be the problem. When it happens, try closing the apps, it may help.
4. Although the phone is bright (very bright), the vertical view angle is very narrow, and horizantal view angle is ok.
5. (may be just my device) when reading text, the screen is not as comfortable as my XT912.
I don't know how to describe it.
On my XT912, if you are look at black letters with white paper background, it looks like the letters are on white paper.
However, on Spectrum 2, i feel the black letters and white paper background has some distance in between (fell like looking the screen at a degree angle).

Reaction score
The big difference in the screens is going from Amoled to LCD.

Overall Amoled is so much better. I miss mine. These IPS screens are very nice though.
With Amoled there is no back light and screens almost look painted on.