Hot hot hot

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know if this is normal or not. I should note that I had the phone plugged into a car charger and the navigation was running.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It is definitely hot and I would not want my phone getting there often but it does happen from time to time. Especially under circumstances like charging and running navigation. Much hotter then that or extended periods of time would worry me. Not sure what the cut off would be though.

thesoldier

Reaction score
That's about ~110°F I believe, and that's pretty hot. I was just plugged in using navigation the other day and my phone got petty warm, but nowhere near that. Are you on the stock rom? I noticed my phone got extremely hot from use when I was stock, but once I flashed CNA my phone doesn't nearly get that hot anymore.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Charging and rock'n the cpu like that will get hot every time. I get near that temp pretty often when playing certain games. Good thing the phone is thin so it can cool down quickly!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I agree that it is hot but with how intensive those activities are I would not say out of the ordinary. I have gotten all of my devices to that temp and not had issues. I would not want it to stay there for a long time but IMO you are ok.

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Being plugged in seems to have nothing to do with it. I just used it again without charging simultaneously and it increased to 44 C again. Maybe I should dust off my old Garmin.

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
That's about ~110°F I believe, and that's pretty hot. I was just plugged in using navigation the other day and my phone got petty warm, but nowhere near that. Are you on the stock rom?

YES, stock.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know if this is normal or not. I should note that I had the phone plugged into a car charger and the navigation was running.

Is that a stock screen? I don't see a "Battery Info" screen in my settings. I am stock.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Dial #*#*4636*#*#

I learned that somewhere here on the forums.

Thanks that's awesome. But it is *#*#4636#*#*

pool_shark

Reaction score
People were overclocking their Droid X getting up to 120° with no issues.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
People were overclocking their Droid X getting up to 120° with no issues.[/QUOTEpool shark,let me ask you a question-unlockin phone now,this is my first time doin this-Im on the screen that says-Remove old/non-working drivers-its askin me-What would you like to do?-1-Launch USBDevice so i can uninstall any previous drivers
2-Proceed to auto driver config.I havent tried to config any drivers for my nex.
The only thing Ive dloaded is the WugFresh tool kit-Thxz for responding

GDP

Reaction score
Mine gets that hot on a regular basis. I wouldn't worry too much about it

pool_shark

Reaction score
People were overclocking their Droid X getting up to 120° with no issues.[/QUOTEpool shark,let me ask you a question-unlockin phone now,this is my first time doin this-Im on the screen that says-Remove old/non-working drivers-its askin me-What would you like to do?-1-Launch USBDevice so i can uninstall any previous drivers
2-Proceed to auto driver config.I havent tried to config any drivers for my nex.
The only thing Ive dloaded is the WugFresh tool kit-Thxz for responding

I can't answer that because I didn't use that method, I used this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...-how-unlock-bootloader-root-galaxy-nexus.html