Horrible camera

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I knew going in to the Maxx I was giving up a really great camera for stellar battery life but it just keeps getting worse. I can not get the camera to focus!! What is my issue??

Chris

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I like to touch and drag the green focus circle until the lighting is just right. And then I wait until it turns green again before tapping it to take the shot.

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Just tried that and everything is blury, think I need to get a warranty phone coming
Chris

jfriend33

Reaction score
vagedegy.jpg

Mine works great. I rarely use the Google camera.

For difficult shots like fireworks I use focal. In the play store. Has tons of options.
eve6ynyb.jpg

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
You've prolly done this, but make sure there isn't a protective covering over the lens. I think they still put them on don't they?

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
It was working fine a few weeks ago.
IMG_20140507_085324722_HDR.jpg

The other goofy thing it will do is focus then unfocus focus then unfocu but never really goes to focus

Chris

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
just spen an hour on the phone with VZW and they are sending me out a new phone. Front camera was perfect back sucked and a master reset didn't do anything. Oh well, went about 8 months with this one so new record for me

Chris

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I like to touch and drag the green focus circle until the lighting is just right. And then I wait until it turns green again before tapping it to take the shot.
I have no complaints about the camera, but I have no idea what the "green focus circle" is. When I touch the screen to take a picture, I get a white 'shutter'. There's no green focus circle. Can you elaborate?

doogald

Reaction score
I have no complaints about the camera, but I have no idea what the "green focus circle" is. When I touch the screen to take a picture, I get a white 'shutter'. There's no green focus circle. Can you elaborate?

If you are holding the phone landscape, slide out the settings "wheel" from the left hand side. The middle option on the wheel is called "Control focus and exposure". With that control on, a circle with a rectangle inside will appear. You can drag that control to choose the point that you want used to sample for white balance and for the point of focus. When that control is green, the phone has found a point to focus on.

You still tap on the screen anywhere to take the photo (or press a volume button.)

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
new camera takes beautiful pictures. Wish I would have called a month ago.

Chris