Hopefully I am wrong, but...

droiddoes1912

Reaction score
the Android 2.1 SDK doesn't include the new Launcher, or the widgets, or the new Gallery, among other things. Could that mean that those may only be N1 exclusives? I hope not...:motdroidvert:

iPirate

Reaction score
Where does it say this? Are you sure you updated correctly?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well the op says "hopefully i'm wrong" so im thinking he's either a troll or just guessing. i answered 10 mins after his post and he's said nothing.

shademar

Reaction score
2.1 release 1 api was just made available to devs earlier today. (check Android 2.1, Release 1 | Android Developers for specifics...) You can parse through the changes and determine whether anything has been excluded from the public release or not. For what it's worth, any missing features can already be ported over to the droid.

Be curious what someone who knows what they are talking about (e.g. not me) has to say about it tho.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Luckily he doesnt know what he's talking about. 2.1 will include everything the Nexus has unless the device can't handle it. It will be up to the Droids programmers to include what will work which will be everything - they are basically the same device.

I looked a little through the SDK and it's too complex for me but most of the stuff looks to be there including animated wallpaper.

OP
droiddoes1912

droiddoes1912

Reaction score
OK. I am not a troll. I am all for having all that stuff, too! I am just stating what I have seen so far. When loading up the Android/Google API SDK, if you click on Gallery, or Launcher, they are still showing it as old style apps. I'm really hoping that changes, but mist companies go from the SDK, and decide from there. Moto said the Droid version would be quick, because there is no extra apps they need to adapt to 2.1, like Sense or MOTOBLUR. Live Galleries are still there, so hopefully they just didn't add those because they slow down the emulator software. And I know that you can just download them anyways and install them. I am just hoping that Moto makes the right decision and includes them with the 2.1 OTA.