hook up troubles

Kandrew

Reaction score
I have all my pictures, music and ringtones on my lap top with windows 7 but when i hook up my phone by the usb it does not come up as an E file. i can not transfer anything off the computer onto my droid. i could use my old sd card from my old phone but it is only a 4g and naturally i want to use the 16g one that came with the phone.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum kandrew! Do you have the Motorola drivers installed on your computer?

OP
K

Kandrew

Reaction score
hook up trouble

no i do not think so, i have not done anything. i thought maybe something would come up the first time i plugged it in but nothing.....like nubby asks where do i find it or how do i find it. i would like to customize my phone but getting no where.

OP
K

Kandrew

Reaction score
yeah i think i got it figured out! thanks for the advise dancedroid

OP
K

Kandrew

Reaction score
When I plug in my phone to the computer I pull down the top status bar and it asked if you want to connect the two together

bear3351

Reaction score
humm, My computer keeps asking for the disk with the drivers, when I pull down the top menu, it shows the USB connection and gives me 4 choices, PC, Charge only, storage something and another I don't recall. But no matter which one I choose It keeps asking to insert a disk. I am ready to give up on this.

Diane Clingerman

Reaction score
Having same problem w USB connection to transfer music

"]humm, My computer keeps asking for the disk with the drivers, when I pull down the top menu, it shows the USB connection and gives me 4 choices, PC, Charge only, storage something and another I don't recall. But no matter which one I choose It keeps asking to insert a disk. I am ready to give up on this"

I am having the same exact problem. I've installed the Motorola drivers, hooked up the USB, pulled down the notification and started the process. I chose USB and enabled USB mass storage. I selected my computer, selected copy, and selected USB mass storage. Apparently that is the signal to activate "Media Share" which enables the transfer of files. I keep getting the annoying message "memory card is missing. Insert a memory card to access Media Share. I DO have a memory card but it's not reading it due to USB mass storage being enable?

I tried to pull up some document files while the USB still connected and it wouldn't let me cause the memory card is where the documents are stored. Once I disconnected the cable, no problem.

Is there something missing in the instructions or am I just not understanding. I should mention that I am a new Droid user and just want to copy a few music files from my desktop to my droid.