Home Run Battle 3D Restore Items?

pmas

Reaction score
Well, I had to do a factory reset and after reinstalling Home Run Battle, I no longer have any of the items (bat,gloves,glasses,cap etc..) I purchased. My name and rankings are all there, but no items and I have only 300 gold balls.
Anyone know how, if possible, I can get my items back? I dread to think I have to start over.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
do you have a nandroid backup? if not, you're out of luck

OP
P

pmas

Reaction score

Yea, I am not rooted. I am on an Incredible. I read all the info on restoring the .dat file but I was hoping for a non-rooted solution. Guess I am starting over.

ejlax

Reaction score

Yea, I am not rooted. I am on an Incredible. I read all the info on restoring the .dat file but I was hoping for a non-rooted solution. Guess I am starting over.

I am on an Incredible as well and not only was I able to restore my settings, I edited my jerseys to match my favorite team. If you need help with this or want you jersey edited let me know.

OP
P

pmas

Reaction score
I sure do..how do I restore my items? I am going to have to go through this again next week when VZW sends me a replacement phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I sure do..how do I restore my items? I am going to have to go through this again next week when VZW sends me a replacement phone.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't restore your items. Start over, Rookie. :(

ejlax

Reaction score

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't restore your items. Start over, Rookie. :([/QUOTE]

IMAG0048.jpg
Au contraire mon frere. How wrong you are! I have done this on three of my friends' incredibles after we edited our jerseys. It is quite simple really if you have any understanding of ADB and how file permissions actually work. It may show that i have only posted 2 times on this forum but I have had quite a bit of time inside the Droid back at my AllDroid days.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't restore your items. Start over, Rookie. :(

Au contraire mon frere. How wrong you are! I have done this on three of my friends' incredibles after we edited our jerseys. It is quite simple really if you have any understanding of ADB and how file permissions actually work. It may show that i have only posted 2 times on this forum but I have had quite a bit of time inside the Droid back at my AllDroid days.

Very good my friend. Share the wealth of knowledge and explain how to do this?

cderry

Reaction score
Wish I could give/sell you some gold balls, OP. I have 5,300 gold balls on me with nothing to buy since I have the top 3 full sets of gear.

ejlax

Reaction score
Prerequisites:

Android SDK Installed
HTC Sync Drivers
DroidExplorer - only needed if you want to modify your uniforms

I was scared as hell to do this the first time as i had just achieved a 5-star champion level and i didn't want to work to get that all back. Let me preface this by saying that if you have already deleted or uninstalled HB3D your stuff is gone for good. This only pertains to people who have to do a factory reset or are transferring phones and still have the jesus.dat file on their phone.

NOTE - I have not tested the jesus.dat file's compatibility on other phones; meaning that i am not sure if you can copy the jesus.dat file from one phone to another.

Step 1:
Using ADB pull the jesus.dat file off your phone and store it to a location locally, i.e. c:\jesus.dat

Code:
adb pull /data/data/com.com2us.HB3D/jesus.dat c:\jesus.dat

Step 2:

After restore of phone or rom, reinstall HB3D and open it up. Go all the way through the tutorial then close it out. After the program is closed run this command

Code:
adb push c:\jesus.dat /data/data/com.com2us.HB3D/jesus.dat

Then restart HB3D and voila you have successfully restored your items without root. I am assuming this works because although we cannot write to the data folder, those permissions are not necessarily inherited to the child folders.

PM me if you have any issues of if you want to learn how to customize your jerseys...once again this was all done an a Droid Inc. wiithout root (of course)

SpykeZ

Reaction score
It's actually alot easier to do than all that posted above. This requires you to be rooted.

If you have a nandroid just grab the jesus.dat, put it in the root folder of your SD for easy access

use a root explorer, I use android mate and make sure the game isn't in the memory, task kill it if need be.

put a checkmark next to jesus.dat, hit the copy button, make sure the paste button shows up. go back to the device root folder (before SD) and go to data/data/com.com2us.HB3D and paste over the already there jesus.dat

SpykeZ

Reaction score
oh.....well.....was that mentioned or something in the thread cause I totally was an ass and didn't read all of it lol

hitmaninpa

Reaction score
id love to figure out how you modified the jerseys to a red sox one,ok id pick a different team but i have to learn this...pm sent