Home Replacement App: Which is more stable?

Geofferson

Reaction score
I like Home++ the best. A few FCs here and there, but they are few and far between.

KingDroid

Reaction score
Home++ is definitely the way to go. It supports animated widgets, something I don't think any other home screen replacement does. Excellent and unique idea, just need some people to start creating them!

Also, does anyone notice their phone slowing down with Home++? I feel like mine has and I don't know if it's from the 120+ apps I have, the 7 screens with a ton of widgets on it, or Handcent SMS. With 7 home screens and alot of apps and widgets on them, I remember it running completely fine and I'm wondering if Handcent is slowing everything down. Any ideas?

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Use Home++, and it has occasional stability issues. They release updates pretty frequently, though, to add things and fix bugs, so I've stuck with them.

Reaction score
At first I really liked Panda but I've been having LOTS of FC's lately. Seems to be exceedingly laggy and frequently has to reload. This weekend I had to take my battery out several times. Now I am trying Home++. I wish it allowed for themes. Otherwise I like it. I may go back to Open Home and try it again (since I've paid for it).

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ive only used GDE, Open Home, and Home++

Home++ was the most stable and fastest while GDE was okay for stability but slowed my phone down quite a bit. I did not like Open Home so i uninstalled it within about 15 min of installing it so i cant comment on the stability there.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I have panda home right now but I've been having a lot of problems with it. I would like to make the jump to Home++ but when I do a search for it on the market there is only Home++ Beta. Is that the only version??

pilot25

Reaction score
What happened to OpenHome? It was all the rage in November and has pretty much fallen off the map.

I unfortunately bought it and it force closed on me constantly but so has every other Home replacement.

Can't wait for 2.1

dajakal

Reaction score
I've been using pandahome and liked it, but twice it locked up and crashed my phone, worse than any force close. Both times the only recovery was to uninstall pandahome, and this time I'm not reinstalling it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Home++ was the first one I ever tried, and I find myself comparing any other one that I try to it...and they always seem to fail me.